Contribute
Register

[work in progress] Acer Aspire S3 i5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman....

What can I say.. you are a gentleman and a scholar..
Many thanks for the insights of the settings on the patches info that i enquired about...
I think i can try all your suggestions without needing to bother you unless I run into trouble.
I think I know enough (which is dangerous) to carry out the patches.
I will keep you updated on my install.

Thanks again mate`

bd4utonite2

Hi Rehabman...

Here is the update.

1. My native DSDT with your minimum modifications for
- Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error
- Rename GFX0 to IGPU
- Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000) - I got the brightness slider back :)

2. For WiFI (I do have a AR9285). I did not patch the native DSDt but took your advice
and applied Toledo's toledaARPT.kext to S/L/E and repaired the permission of S/L/E.
It works!!!!

3. Just as an observation. If I apply the basic EHCI Series 6 patch. My Trackpad does not work anymore but keyboard
does... So I reverted back this step and everything is working properly

4. For other stuff
1. I am using VoodooHDA v2.8.4
2. ElanTouchpad v2.8.3 which contains ApplePS2Controller.kext and ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext
3. AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg

I am going to leave the system as is for a couple of days of use to see what happens.
The fan is quiet but it is always on and blowing at quite a fast speed...maybe that is why
my battery drains faster than it does under Windows 7?

If you can think of any improvements to make the system better (more stable)
Please let me know..

Thanks again for your patience and support...

Cheers

bd4utonite2

Hi Rehabman...

Here is the update.

1. My native DSDT with your minimum modifications for
- Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error
- Rename GFX0 to IGPU
- Brightness Fix (HD3000/HD4000) - I got the brightness slider back :)

2. For WiFI (I do have a AR9285). I did not patch the native DSDt but took your advice
and applied Toledo's toledaARPT.kext to S/L/E and repaired the permission of S/L/E.
It works!!!!

3. Just as an observation. If I apply the basic EHCI Series 6 patch. My Trackpad does not work anymore but keyboard
does... So I reverted back this step and everything is working properly

4. For other stuff
1. I am using VoodooHDA v2.8.4
2. ElanTouchpad v2.8.3 which contains ApplePS2Controller.kext and ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.kext
3. AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg

I am going to leave the system as is for a couple of days of use to see what happens.
The fan is quiet but it is always on and blowing at quite a fast speed...maybe that is why
my battery drains faster than it does under Windows 7?

If you can think of any improvements to make the system better (more stable)
Please let me know..

Thanks again for your patience and support...

Cheers

bd4utonite2

With AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg you likely have installed a rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Not recommended. Do DSDT patches instead:

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

With AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg you likely have installed a rollback of AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Not recommended. Do DSDT patches instead:

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Power management: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...nagement-sandy-bridge-ivy-bridge-laptops.html

Rehabman..

Thanks for the advice. I had a look at the process of patching the DSDT for working battery status.
Its too much for me to digest....
In your laptop patches... under 4.0 Battery Patches....
are these the battery status patches??? If so maybe i will wait for someone to come up with it as i cannot see s3-951

BTW... currently my system still freezes and i found out why....
When i boot up normally everything works system does not hang...
but once I put in a usb mouse.. everything still works.....then i remove the usb dongle
the trackpad mouse does not work anymore...
Also in reverse.. when i boot up with a usb mouse dongle everything works..
when i remove it.. the trackpad does not work anymore..
Any ideas what is happening here ???

CHeers

Bd4utonite2

Rehabman..

Thanks for the advice. I had a look at the process of patching the DSDT for working battery status.
Its too much for me to digest....
In your laptop patches... under 4.0 Battery Patches....
are these the battery status patches??? If so maybe i will wait for someone to come up with it as i cannot see s3-951

There may be a patch already for your laptop. Or maybe you don't need DSDT patches for battery at all (it is rare, but possible). You should look/try.

BTW... currently my system still freezes and i found out why....
When i boot up normally everything works system does not hang...
but once I put in a usb mouse.. everything still works.....then i remove the usb dongle
the trackpad mouse does not work anymore...
Also in reverse.. when i boot up with a usb mouse dongle everything works..
when i remove it.. the trackpad does not work anymore..
Any ideas what is happening here ???

That doesn't sound like a 'freeze'... sounds as if you have an issue with USB and/or PS2 drivers...

Which PS2 drivers are you using and what is the manufacturer of your trackpad?

There may be a patch already for your laptop. Or maybe you don't need DSDT patches for battery at all (it is rare, but possible). You should look/try.

That doesn't sound like a 'freeze'... sounds as if you have an issue with USB and/or PS2 drivers...

Which PS2 drivers are you using and what is the manufacturer of your trackpad?

Elantech and i used ElanTouchpad_v2.8.3 from osx86
it says....

This is the latest release of EMlyDinEsH's Elan Touchpad PS/2 kext.
This kext supports both v3 & v4 versions of Elan-Touchpads with full support for multi-finger input.

To install please delete all existing .kexts;
ApplePS2Controller,
VoodooPS2Controller, (If you have it.)
AppleACPIPS2Nub,
ApplePS2Keyboard,
ApplePS2ElanTouchpad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back