Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all!
As i do with mountain lion I open now a thread about S3 and Mavericks.
I installed with unibeast Mavericks and at the first boot it works really well, fast and smooth.

Issue:
Wifi: fixed with kext - depending on your wifi card
Sleep: WORKING
Audio: searching for solution
battery management: SOLVED attached pkg. zip

Touchpad: SOLVED working with elan touchpad 2.8.3 kext from mlydinesh

org.chameleon.boot.plist
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>No</string>

booting up with chimera and attached dsdt.

Attachments

• AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg.zip
    39.9 KB · Views: 176
  • dsdt.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 212
Hi all!
I installed with unibeast Mavericks and at the first boot it works really well, fast and smooth.

Issue:
Wifi: fixed with kext - depending on your wifi card
Sleep: searching for solution
Audio: searching for solution
battery management: SOLVED attached pkg. zip

Touchpad: SOLVED working with elan touchpad 2.8.3 kext from mlydinesh

org.chameleon.boot.plist
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Quiet Boot</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>No</string>

booting up with chimera and attached dsdt.

Just FYI: You're doing a rollback of AppleACPIPlatform with that "battery package" Not really recommended...

Better to use stock ACPIPlatform and https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
Implement DSDT patches if necessary... (and looking at your DSDT, you don't need any for battery status)

Just FYI: You're doing a rollback of AppleACPIPlatform with that "battery package" Not really recommended...

Better to use stock ACPIPlatform and https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
Implement DSDT patches if necessary... (and looking at your DSDT, you don't need any for battery status)

thanks mate ;-)

when Ill be back home I'll look at your link...
could you help me please with alc269 audio? Ive seen kext on osx86 but I cant patch my dsdt...I got some errors that dsdt editor wont fix..:(

thanks mate ;-)

when Ill be back home I'll look at your link...
could you help me please with alc269 audio? Ive seen kext on osx86 but I cant patch my dsdt...I got some errors that dsdt editor wont fix..:(

Post the DSDT.

Hi all!

Which version of the i5 do you have, are you ivy bridge or sandy bridge and are you intel 3000 or 4000 and USB 2 or USB 3?

The mighty Rehabman, I am now in 10.9. As for the Battery status, I had to install the same AppleSmartBattery package in order to have a battery status and power information under system report.
What do I have to patch to avoid using AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg

Here is my DSDT,
Patched with 100% original Rehabman favor
- IRQ Fix
- HPET Fix
- 7-series USB
- HD4000 Low Resolution
- Generic with EDID
- Audio Layout 12 changed to (69 0x45)
- SMBUS Fix
- RTC Fix
- Brightness Fix
- OS Check Fix
- AC adaptor Fix
- Fix_WAK Arg0 v2

Attachments

• stockp3.zip
    22.8 KB · Views: 170
The mighty Rehabman, I am now in 10.9. As for the Battery status, I had to install the same AppleSmartBattery package in order to have a battery status and power information under system report.
What do I have to patch to avoid using AppleSmartBatteryManager.pkg

Here is my DSDT,
Patched with 100% original Rehabman favor
- IRQ Fix
- HPET Fix
- 7-series USB
- HD4000 Low Resolution
- Generic with EDID
- SMBUS Fix
- RTC Fix
- Brightness Fix
- OS Check Fix
- AC adaptor Fix
- Fix_WAK Arg0 v2

Did you try my ACPIBatteryManager.kext with stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext? If there is an issue, you should install the debug version and look at system.log to diagnose any problem.

Did you try my ACPIBatteryManager.kext with stock AppleACPIPlatform.kext? If there is an issue, you should install the debug version and look at system.log to diagnose any problem.

It seems to be working fine...
If you don't mind taking a look at my system here. We were perviously trying to figure out the Sleep Problem about two weeks ago in the S3 Master Thread under the ML section of the forum. There were problems along the way upgrading from 10.8 to 10.8.5 and basically I just kinda wait til the release of 10.9 and started fresh.

Everything else is working fine right now, it is the Sleep under A/C power that I would want to fix.
Just a recap of the symptom, my system sleep and wake fine when it is under battery power. However when it is plugged in, it would immediately wakes up after sleep.

the Console log suggests that it is waken by GLAN XHC EHC2
Code:
10/26/2013 2:22:56.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: GLAN XHC EHC2
10/26/2013 2:22:56.000 AM kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

This is what have been done to my DSDT so far
- IRQ Fix
- HPET Fix
- 7-series USB
- HD4000 Low Resolution
- Generic with EDID
- SMBUS Fix
- RTC Fix
- Brightness Fix
- OS Check Fix
- AC adaptor Fix
- Fix_WAK Arg0 v2

Kext wise,
Mutibeat UserDSDT common kexts
Mutibeast 10.9 AppleIntelPowerManagement
Mutibeast GenericXHCI
Your ACPIBatteryManager
Patched AppleHDA

I have attached the current DSDT as well as a copy of IOReg here for you to look at
Is it possible to disable wake by USB all together, the only way I usually wakeup by computer is by power button/ opening the lid

Attachments

• s3_i5.zip
    373.4 KB · Views: 145
It seems to be working fine...
If you don't mind taking a look at my system here. We were perviously trying to figure out the Sleep Problem about two weeks ago in the S3 Master Thread under the ML section of the forum. There were problems along the way upgrading from 10.8 to 10.8.5 and basically I just kinda wait til the release of 10.9 and started fresh.

Everything else is working fine right now, it is the Sleep under A/C power that I would want to fix.
Just a recap of the symptom, my system sleep and wake fine when it is under battery power. However when it is plugged in, it would immediately wakes up after sleep.

the Console log suggests that it is waken by GLAN XHC EHC2
Code:
10/26/2013 2:22:56.000 AM kernel[0]: Wake reason: GLAN XHC EHC2
10/26/2013 2:22:56.000 AM kernel[0]: The USB device HubDevice (Port 1 of Hub at 0x1a000000) may have caused a wake by issuing a remote wakeup (2)

This is what have been done to my DSDT so far
- IRQ Fix
- HPET Fix
- 7-series USB
- HD4000 Low Resolution
- Generic with EDID
- SMBUS Fix
- RTC Fix
- Brightness Fix
- OS Check Fix
- AC adaptor Fix
- Fix_WAK Arg0 v2

Kext wise,
Mutibeat UserDSDT common kexts
Mutibeast 10.9 AppleIntelPowerManagement
Mutibeast GenericXHCI
Your ACPIBatteryManager
Patched AppleHDA

I have attached the current DSDT as well as a copy of IOReg here for you to look at
Is it possible to disable wake by USB all together, the only way I usually wakeup by computer is by power button/ opening the lid

You could try using the "7-series USB3 Multiplex patch" and removing GenericUSBXHCI. Procedure:
- patch with "7-series USB3 Multiplex"
- patch with "6-series USB" (could also try "7-series USB")
- compile, fix the error with GPRW line by using the alternate as you see in the code
- save to /Extra/dsdt.aml
- remove GenericUSBXHCI, rebuild caches
- reboot and test

What driver are you using for Ethernet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back