Contribute
Register

Where can I find DSDT for GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 EFI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68MX-UD2H-B3
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. LC
  5. Performa
  6. Plus
  7. PowerBook
  8. SE
  9. SE/30
I'm using a GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 v1 motherboard with the F12 BIOS and the correct DSDT.aml. To get somewhat more current, I'd like to upgrade this to EFI; the latest UEFI BIOS is U1E. However, I can't find a DSDT.aml for that version. Where can I find it?

Alternately, I could try running this system without a DSDT, but what do I need to do for that? I tried moving DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml out of /Extra to my desktop and rebooting, but the system hung during reboot. I didn't look too deeply into why because I figure maybe there's something that's still trying to load the DSDT, but there's no mention of it in /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

If your are unable to find the DSDT/SSDTs in this forum, then extract and patch by yourself,

Boot into Linux (No need to install, just make bootable USB of Ubuntu then boot in to it)
Once it is reached desktop open the Terminal and run below command.
Code:
sudo cp -R /sys/firmware/acpi/tables DEST
* Replace DEST with the path of your USB Stick (USB Stick need to be formatted as FAT32 for avoiding the permission issues)

Before trying to open, it should be disassembled with iasl

1. Download iasl from here
2. Copy the download iasl binary to /usr/bin/
3. Copy the DSDT and all SSDTS (Copy from Dynamic folder too) to one new folder.
4. Add the extension .aml to all the copied files
5. Open terminal, change the directory to the created new folder (Where you put DSDT/SSDTs)
6. Run the command
Code:
iasl -da -dl *.aml
7. Download MaciASL from here
8. Copy the MaciASL to /Applications folder
9. Now you can open your DSDT/SSDTs with MaciASL and can apply required patches.
10. Here is the link for PJALM's desktop patch repo : http://www.pjalm.com/forums/

Thank you for those instructions. I'm a little afraid of mucking with the DSDT.aml file myself, but more importantly I'm facing a chicken-and-egg problem: in order to get DSDT from the EFI BIOS I would need to upgrade to it first, but once I've upgraded, I'll no longer be able to boot into Mac OS because my DSDT will still be the version for the F12 BIOS.

I think my first step is to be able to get my machine to boot into Mac OS without a DSDT, but like I said, when I moved DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml to the desktop and rebooted, it hung during boot. I'll look at that more closely to figure out why it hung, but a question first: should it be possible to simply remove the DSDT.aml and reboot; should that work? Or is there a reference to DSDT.aml that I need to remove first?

Thank you for those instructions. I'm a little afraid of mucking with the DSDT.aml file myself, but more importantly I'm facing a chicken-and-egg problem: in order to get DSDT from the EFI BIOS I would need to upgrade to it first, but once I've upgraded, I'll no longer be able to boot into Mac OS because my DSDT will still be the version for the F12 BIOS.

Not EFI it is UEFI :D

I think my first step is to be able to get my machine to boot into Mac OS without a DSDT, but like I said, when I moved DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml to the desktop and rebooted, it hung during boot. I'll look at that more closely to figure out why it hung,

First identify what is the problem in boot without DSDT.

but a question first: should it be possible to simply remove the DSDT.aml and reboot; should that work? Or is there a reference to DSDT.aml that I need to remove first?

Even you can use the flag DSDT=null (For Chimera/Chameleon). Simply removing those files also fine.

I think my first step is to be able to get my machine to boot into Mac OS without a DSDT, but like I said, when I moved DSDT.aml and SSDT.aml to the desktop and rebooted, it hung during boot. I'll look at that more closely to figure out why it hung, but a question first: should it be possible to simply remove the DSDT.aml and reboot; should that work? Or is there a reference to DSDT.aml that I need to remove first?
I suggest you search these forums for "U1E GA-Z68MX DSDT" you will find plenty of information. I am running that motherboard with the U1E firmware without a DSDT.

Also the SSDT file is independent of the DSDT, and linked to the CPU management, not the motherboard itself. You shouldn't need to touch this file.

Thanks for the help and the confidence. I was failing to boot if I moved SSDT.aml and DSDT.aml out of /Extras, so I tried moving only DSDT.aml, and then I am able to boot to a working desktop (and audio isn't working, but I expected that). I figure this is a good step because, if I can boot without a DSDT, then I should be able to boot with any version of the BIOS, including the UEFI version.

But, a big problem: the computer hangs after being up for about a minute. Nothing suspicious-looking gets logged to /var/log/system.log; it just hangs, mouse pointer stops working, Caps Lock light on the keyboard no longer responds to the Caps Lock key. I'll google for some answers on this, but I'd appreciate any ideas off the top of your head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back