Contribute
Register

UtterDisbelief 11 - Skylake H170M-D3H Intel i3 6300 3.8ghz EVGA GT740 SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello UtterDisbelief. Great job! I have the same motherboard. Question: Does this guide apply to Sierra?

Hi linguica. Glad the build was helpful.

I've decided not to go further with the H170M and am currently building a new hack for Sierra based on the Z170MX motherboard instead. There are probably a lot of similarities but too many differences to make a confident prediction etc.

:)

Actually I was able to instal Sierra folowwing your guide and a few others. Only problem now is audio not working.
Thanks and good luck with your new build!

Actually I was able to instal Sierra folowwing your guide and a few others. Only problem now is audio not working.
Thanks and good luck with your new build!

Glad you got Sierra working. Check your Audio ID. For me it needed to be set to "1".

I upgrade my system to Sierra. Everything seems to work very well: graphic acceleration, audio outputs, shutdown, dual boot on separated drives and hdmi audio too (in El Capitan I had to apply the hdmi audio patch every time I restart the system). :headbang:

I upgrade my system to Sierra. Everything seems to work very well: graphic acceleration, audio outputs, shutdown, dual boot on separated drives and hdmi audio too (in El Capitan I had to apply the hdmi audio patch every time I restart the system). :headbang:

Do you update El Capitan or install from scratch?
I tried to install from zero, but no success. No hw accel with nvidia (tried GT640 and 750TI)
- Web drivers (WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg) installed
- On nividia settings, I check "web driver" option and reboot. Problem remains
- config.plist updated with code for solve problems.

Nothing solved

Do you update El Capitan or install from scratch?
I tried to install from zero, but no success. No hw accel with nvidia (tried GT640 and 750TI)
- Web drivers (WebDriver-367.15.10.05f01.pkg) installed
- On nividia settings, I check "web driver" option and reboot. Problem remains
- config.plist updated with code for solve problems.

Nothing solved

Hello.

I know your last line says you have changed your config.plist with the code needed. However that should do the trick.

To recap - The old method for activating web-drivers no-longer works for Sierra and it is probably best to remove the command-line argument.

Instead you should add a code section to your config.plist to enable the drivers as detailed here -

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/

Changing the setting with System Preferences on its own will not do this.

Hope you can sort this problem.

Thanks for your attention
But the "config.plist updated with code for solve problems" was exactly with this method. :(

Check your command-line options.

When at the Clover boot menu use your cursor to highlight the "Options" icon on the second line down.

At the top line, press Enter and remove anything after "dart=0"

Scroll to bottom and on Return, press Enter. Select your boot drive and Enter again.

Hi,

My clover arguments only has "dart=0" :-/

You have to modify the config.plist file (copied in the EFI partition of the hard drive from the USB one) after you installed Sierra:
1) install web drivers for Sierra
2) add the boot flag that you find in this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/new-method-for-enabling-nvidia-web-drivers-in-clover.202341/ to the config.plist file
3) remove nv_disable=1 from the config.plist file and reboot
4) When the clover page appears verify that there is only dart=0 as argument. if it's the only one and if you didn't errors editing the config.plist file OS X will run with Nvidia graphic acceleration.

keep in contact!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back