Ryzen 5 5600
Graphics
RX 6600 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello!

I have been running Ventura 13.1 for a while now with no problems, and finally I decided to update. At first I thought it would be a good idea to update straight into Sonoma, however that failed so I thought maybe I will update to 13.6.1 first and see how that goes. That did not happen either, as booting to the macOS Installer does not advance at all, and booting into macOS just reverts back to 13.1.

IMG_9839.jpeg

You can see what it says in verbose upon booting to the macOS installer. I have updated OC to 0.9.6 and all of my kexts, I went through and updated all of the kernel patches as well so I do not know what could be the issue. I have tried booting with and without NVMeFix.kext and BluetoolFixup.kext, no change. Does anyone have an idea what to try next?

Thanks!

Have you tried iMacPro1,1?
No I haven't. Could this change something? If so, why?

iMacPro1,1 is compatible with macOS Sonoma. My hardware had problem with MacPro7,1 and iMac similar to you but worked well with iMacPro1,1.
I understand MacPro7,1 should be compatible too but I will give this a try, thanks!

iMacPro1,1 is compatible with macOS Sonoma. My hardware had problem with MacPro7,1 and iMac similar to you but worked well with iMacPro1,1.
Sorry for the late reply, I tried switching to iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS but nothing changed.

Upload your EFI folder. Maybe someone can advise you.

My profile in picture:

View attachment 575914
EFI in attachment.
I have asked around numerous different forums for help with this problem but no one seems to have a clue on what to do. I have tried everything I know could be worthwhile and am completely stumped at this point. I have tried updating all my kexts, removing some kexts, updating OC, generating new SSDTs, removing some SSDTs, generating new USB map, changing SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, resetting NVRAM tens of times, redownloading updates and fiddling around with some config.plist settings that I know were already correctly configured for my build but who knows, might as well.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 15
EFI in attachment.
I have asked around numerous different forums for help with this problem but no one seems to have a clue on what to do. I have tried everything I know could be worthwhile and am completely stumped at this point. I have tried updating all my kexts, removing some kexts, updating OC, generating new SSDTs, removing some SSDTs, generating new USB map, changing SMBIOS to iMacPro1,1, resetting NVRAM tens of times, redownloading updates and fiddling around with some config.plist settings that I know were already correctly configured for my build but who knows, might as well.

Try changing Misc/Security/SecureBootModel to "Disabled" in your config.plist.

:)

Rebuild your EFI with Dortania's Guide.

You should only have two files in ACPI folder.

Good luck
I have built my EFI from scratch using the guide. Obviously I will have my custom SSDTs in my ACPI file that I have generated from my DSDT, if anything, they ensure the build runs more stable and everything works. I can add that I have been running this build from Monterey, and have only updated through System Settings up to now, this is the first time I have encountered a problem doing so.
Is there any reason as to why I would delete custom SSDTs? We spent a couple of days with Edhawk on AMD OS X forums troubleshooting this problem, and on the contrary, he asked me add all the additional SSDTs generated by SSDTTime from my DSDT. I only had CPUR and USBX up until then, along with I225V that was a supposed fix to my ethernet, though it did not work and is now irrelevant.

Custom SSDTs generated from SSDTTime should be OK. SSDT-EC-USBX and SSDT-CPUR must include

Booter -> Quirks should be matched

For intel ethernet use AppleIGB.kext (can download from dortania's guide) that worked for me
The ethernet is a minor issue, installation of the update to 13.6.1 not working is the most baffling for me. I get that Sonoma oculd be troublesome but an update on Ventura should, by all accounts, be a given. I will try out something today or tomorrow, will update what happens.
Regarding AppleIGB.kext, I225-V is not listed as supported, as that is the chip I have, but I will give it a shot.

Back