Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H67MA-UD2H - Core i5-2500K (SB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, interesting. So, do you anticipate these sleep woes to be fixed once vanilla support is available?

jonisign said:
Ah, interesting. So, do you anticipate these sleep woes to be fixed once vanilla support is available?
pretty much all these "problems" will go away once Apple actually starts using Sandy Bridge parts.

Awesome! Well, should be any week now :)

First, Thanks for all the hard work.

This will be my first hackintosh desktop (I used to have a MSI Wind Netbook running OSX)

I want to run Windows 7 and OSX, but would rather use this MOBO: GA-P67A-UD3

Do you think I will have the same success you did with the GA-H67MA-UD2H?

I picked up 2 of these today (1 day newegg special pricing)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820148357

I'd like to use 1 for Win7 and the other for OSX, do you think that will be a problem?

I have 3 other Hard Drives and will pick up a OSX compatible DVD drive.

If worst comes to worst I can run OSX in a VM while in Win7, but I would like the option to boot directly into OSX if needed.

Thanks

Hi, Thank you all for your input! I have this mobo with intel 2300 and everything works fine. But when I put an extra 4gb of ram in the system (total of 8gb) I won't start up anymore..

Any ideas?

Thanks again for everything!

edit: When I see at systemprofiler, I see that my ram is only DDR2 and running at 800mhz and it's actually DDR3 1333mhz. Any ideas about that?

SnellenJelle said:
Hi, Thank you all for your input! I have this mobo with intel 2300 and everything works fine. But when I put an extra 4gb of ram in the system (total of 8gb) I won't start up anymore..

Any ideas?

edit: When I see at systemprofiler, I see that my ram is only DDR2 and running at 800mhz and it's actually DDR3 1333mhz. Any ideas about that?

what systemprofiler is showing doesn't matter really.
To get all 8 gigs working try booting with -force64

redboy33 said:
First, Thanks for all the hard work.

This will be my first hackintosh desktop (I used to have a MSI Wind Netbook running OSX)

I want to run Windows 7 and OSX, but would rather use this MOBO: GA-P67A-UD3

Do you think I will have the same success you did with the GA-H67MA-UD2H?

I picked up 2 of these today (1 day newegg special pricing)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6820148357

I'd like to use 1 for Win7 and the other for OSX, do you think that will be a problem?

I have 3 other Hard Drives and will pick up a OSX compatible DVD drive.

If worst comes to worst I can run OSX in a VM while in Win7, but I would like the option to boot directly into OSX if needed.

Thanks

I am using a gigabyte p67a-ud3 and can tell you the install is super easy. Just install snow leopard with either iBoot or from an existing install, then I ran multibeast with a dsdt for the board, and then bridge helper to finish it up. Runs like a dream with a 2500k

What bios settings did you use? When it boots into the installer it says Mac Os X cannot be installed on this computer.

I'm using snow leopard 10.6 retail dvd with SATA=AHCI and HPet=disabled.

nexe said:
What bios settings did you use? When it boots into the installer it says Mac Os X cannot be installed on this computer.

I'm using snow leopard 10.6 retail dvd with SATA=AHCI and HPet=disabled.

HPET should be enabled and set to 64-bit. At least thats how I have it working on mine. The message you are getting is either because you have an upgrade disk instead of a retail install disk or because your aren't booting with cpus=1.

iHackz23 said:
SnellenJelle said:

Any ideas?

what systemprofiler is showing doesn't matter really.
To get all 8 gigs working try booting with -force64

How do I do that? I saw this app on the net: http://www.ahatfullofsky.comuv.com/Engl ... S/SMS.html

Will that work?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back