Contribute
Register

tonymacx86 Build - GA-H67MA-UD2H - Core i5-2500K (SB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok all is well- booting from hard drive, updated and running with EasyBeast + BridgeHelper (10.6.6 Legacy Kernel). Full audio, ethernet, sound, graphics. I also added busratio= to the com.apple.Boot.plist to help mouse stutter- doing another few tests for DSDT edits, and we should be good.

Note: Note sure yet whether the stuttering is Chameleon related, busratio related, or Legacy Kernel related.

:mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

Got DSDT all up and edited- HPET working- no need for USB edits or rollback. More soon.

would u recommend this build for a first timer hackintosher? :)

or another from ur sig?

If you want to tinker and explore, the Sandy Bridge builds are where to go.

If you want to get a hackintosh up and running that you can actually use, pick a P55 or H55 based build. My only experience was building the GA-H55M/N i3 in Tony's sig. I've been using it for months and its been great.

any chance to try out the GT430 yet?

yes, yes, I know, patience is not one of my virtues ;)

OK I think I finally figured out the choppy business for the 2500K. Most people have the 2600K, so the busratio is 35, and 29 works. So My bus ratio is 33, so I tried 27, and it works perfectly- no lags.

So, if you're using a Core i5-2500K, with Legacy Kernel, you'll need to issue the command

busratio=27

Oh, and ya- I tried the GT 430- it will only work on HDMI output in my initial testing. DVI is a black screen. o_O

Ok another wrinkle- if I try to enable 64bit mode, the system slows to a crawl- and time is slow- even with busratio fix.

For now it's arch=i386 only.

tonymacx86 said:
Ok another wrinkle- if I try to enable 64bit mode, the system slows to a crawl- and time is slow- even with busratio fix.

One thing I noticed was when I placed 64bit mode and busratio= into com.apple.boot.plist, it would be extremely slow and had the wrong resolution. If you enter them manually at boot it works the same as in 32bit.

Cagray said:
tonymacx86 said:

One thing I noticed was when I placed 64bit mode and busratio= into com.apple.boot.plist, it would be extremely slow and had the wrong resolution. If you enter them manually at boot it works the same as in 32bit.

Thanks- will try that now. Odd that Chameleon wouldn't pass the info along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back