Contribute
Register

"The selected boot device failed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've installed to bootloader, which did nothing but force my PC to reset its UEFI. But when I boot, it remains stuck on [IOBluetoothHCIController][SearchForTransportEventTimeOutHandler] -- Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport.

Where previously I could boot normally, it now needs -x to boot.

You need to set your ig-platform-id.

Boot with:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N -v

You need to set your ig-platform-id.

Boot with:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N -v

Isn't it IGPlatform? And my system was working again, but now again I had a CMOS reset, and now it is not working anymore... Again, I have everything in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, as stated above, and the GUI still doesn't load...

What I have noticed is that when I'm not using the -x command, that the KernelPatcher doesn't ask for a keypress. I thought I saw this errorstring 'kernelpatcher unable to patch unknown architecture'.

Isn't it IGPlatform? And my system was working again, but now again I had a CMOS reset, and now it is not working anymore... Again, I have everything in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file, as stated above, and the GUI still doesn't load...

It is IGPlatformID exactly as I have stated.

For CMOS resets, install patched AppleRTC (Multibeast). Patched AppleRTC is automatic if you use the Multibeast quick start options, so I'm surprised you don't have it. IGPlatformID has no effect without IGPEnabler=Y or GraphicsEnabler=Y.

What I have noticed is that when I'm not using the -x command, that the KernelPatcher doesn't ask for a keypress. I thought I saw this errorstring 'kernelpatcher unable to patch unknown architecture'.

You could always patch for lapic using the patches here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-locked-msrs-hp-envy-15-j063cl-i7-4700mq.html

Its so frustrating. So I gave the commands in at chameleon, and it worked, so I added them to the kernelflags in my Boot.plist, and rebooted. It wouldn't boot as I hoped, so I reversed the edits, and retried entering them in the bootloader, and again it failed...

I have been tinkering and when I added IGPlatformID in a few cases with -x, my screen is really scrambled. Maybe that helps when debugging.

"The selected boot device failed"

Its so frustrating. So I gave the commands in at chameleon, and it worked, so I added them to the kernelflags in my Boot.plist, and rebooted. It wouldn't boot as I hoped, so I reversed the edits, and retried entering them in the bootloader, and again it failed...

Chameleon does not use the same flags for graphics as Chimera.

Chameleon:
IntelCapriFB=3 GraphicsEnabler=Y

Chimera:
IGPlatformID=01660003 IPGEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N

- - - Updated - - -

I have been tinkering and when I added IGPlatformID in a few cases with -x, my screen is really scrambled. Maybe that helps when debugging.

Don't use safe mode when testing different ig-platform-ids. But your ID is 01660003. No reason to try others.

image.jpg

Same depressing message. And after waiting +15 min a message popped up telling me "IOCatalogue". I did disable the Bluetooth kext, but that never interfered, I was/am assuming.

Still very thankfull for your help.

View attachment 84391

Same depressing message. And after waiting +15 min a message popped up telling me "IOCatalogue". I did disable the Bluetooth kext, but that never interfered, I was/am assuming.

Still very thankfull for your help.

Which bootloader are you using and what flags did you boot with?

It is not a bluetooth problem, so no sense in disabling anything with BT.

Chimera, IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N. And my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file:

Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>No</string>
<string>No</string>

Chimera, IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Y GraphicsEnabler=N. And my org.chameleon.Boot.plist file:

Code:
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>-v</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>DropSSDT</key>
<string>Yes</string>