HD4000 - 1366x768
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

I've succesfully made the USB-stick with the Mavericks installer. Now I have it inserted in my laptop, but the BIOS/UEFI tells me "The selected bood device failed". The HDD is apparantly on AHCI (found on the forums op HP), but is configured as RAID. I've disabled Virtualization.

My laptop is an HP Sleekbook 15, has a Ivy Bridge CPU with 4000 Graphics.

Thanks in advance!

Niels

Hi,

I've succesfully made the USB-stick with the Mavericks installer. Now I have it inserted in my laptop, but the BIOS/UEFI tells me "The selected bood device failed". The HDD is apparantly on AHCI (found on the forums op HP), but is configured as RAID. I've disabled Virtualization.

My laptop is an HP Sleekbook 15, has a Ivy Bridge CPU with 4000 Graphics.

Thanks in advance!

Niels

USB-stick with Mavericks installer? What do you mean?

Your USB stick should be created with Unibeast.

USB-stick with Mavericks installer? What do you mean?

Your USB stick should be created with Unibeast.

That's indeed what I did, thought that was clear, my mistake :p. I've also run it through a 2.0 port, and Windows is installed on the HDD I want to install it to, but that shouldn't give me an BIOS/UEFI error.

That's indeed what I did, thought that was clear, my mistake :p. I've also run it through a 2.0 port, and Windows is installed on the HDD I want to install it to, but that shouldn't give me an BIOS/UEFI error.

Refer to this guide for overall step-by-step: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Post install varies a fair bit for laptops.

Make sure you created your Unibeast USB correctly (eg. MBR partitioning not GPT, 8GB stick only, or if larger, only a single 8GB partition).

I think I've found the error. I had put the USB in MBR, but it is a 16 gb thumbdrive. I've read that I should partition into 2 separate block, one partitioned block of 8 and leave the rest empty. Is that correct, could that break the installation process?

Greetings

I think I've found the error. I had put the USB in MBR, but it is a 16 gb thumbdrive. I've read that I should partition into 2 separate block, one partitioned block of 8 and leave the rest empty. Is that correct, could that break the installation process?

Greetings

Yes, see post #4. Create a single 8GB partition.

I followed the steps to create the 8GB partition, and it still doesn't work :/.

I followed the steps to create the 8GB partition, and it still doesn't work :/.

Check BIOS settings. You must have legacy boot enabled, secure boot disabled.

That indeed fixed it, but I'm having a kernel panic right now. I'm searching on the web for a solution, but if you have a clue, I'm listening.

It's stuck at the uptime number, and I've found that I need to install 'nullcpupowermanagement'. Do you know if this works?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back