Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, i'm new.

In this moment i have ML 10.8.2 Installed with Uni&Multibeast works very fine on this system:

- Asus Sabertooth X58
- Intel I720
- 6GB Memory Trichannel
- SSD Crucial M4 128gb

AND

- Nvidia GTX 285 1024mb

I wanna change the video card and i wanna change with this GTX 650ti
http://www.bpm-power.com/it/product/1101220/

I wanna change because my 285 is on the system, ricognised by the system but, for example, in cinemabench i score 15fps. And i Tried everything but don't work. Plus, the fan is very noisy and the consume is very high.

So, someone can talk to me about my idea and the videocard?

Thanks to all and sorry in advance for my english, im french :D

Hi all, i'm new.

In this moment i have ML 10.8.2 Installed with Uni&Multibeast works very fine on this system:

- Asus Sabertooth X58
- Intel I720
- 6GB Memory Trichannel
- SSD Crucial M4 128gb

AND

- Nvidia GTX 285 1024mb

I wanna change the video card and i wanna change with this GTX 650ti
http://www.bpm-power.com/it/product/1101220/

I wanna change because my 285 is on the system, ricognised by the system but, for example, in cinemabench i score 15fps. And i Tried everything but don't work. Plus, the fan is very noisy and the consume is very high.

So, someone can talk to me about my idea and the videocard?

Thanks to all and sorry in advance for my english, im french :D
Hi,
Yes the 650 ti, will be much more compatible then your 285. My cinibench is a little over 30fps. Although I've never heard of the brand, just follow the installation instructions on the earlier page of the thread, and you should be just fine.

Hi,
Yes the 650 ti, will be much more compatible then your 285. My cinibench is a little over 30fps. Although I've never heard of the brand, just follow the installation instructions on the earlier page of the thread, and you should be just fine.

You never heard about Palit?

Oh, ok. It is really famous in Europe. You have some advice about brand?
Nope, brand doesn't matter. It should work fine. Good luck!

To be more precise...

From "About This Mac" go to "More Info". Then to "System Report". BTW the quick way of getting here is to select "System Information" from the Apple menu ("About This Mac" switches to "System Information" when you hold down Opt/Alt).
Then go to Graphics/Displays and you should be able to see each card and which displays are connected to each.

If you just look at the pretty picture that comes up after "More Info" then you may miss some of the info. For example these are on the same machine:
47318-about-fractalpro.jpg

46187-fractalpro-displays.jpg
Thanks! I just checked and the system doesn't recognize the card, therefore when DVI is plugged in the monitor won't display using the card. I'm not sure what the problem is, so I hope someone can help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I just checked and the system doesn't recognize the card, therefore when DVI is plugged in the monitor won't display using the card. I'm not sure what the problem is, so I hope someone can help.
Can you boot windows and see if it recognizes it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back