Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS, Writing in Progress] Acer 5749 Hardware Guide + Mavericks 100%!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is:
View attachment 81272

Ok, I will remove ig-platform-id....

OK, this system.log has several boot logs in it. Can you provide another and please specify the time (as displayed in the log) of the failed boot (without -x).

Alternately you could capture ioreg when you boot without "-x". To do that, you'd have to enable screen sharing, take note of the VNC address, then login from another computer via VNC to capture ioreg.

Also, are you using vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?

OK, this system.log has several boot logs in it. Can you provide another and please specify the time (as displayed in the log) of the failed boot (without -x).

Alternately you could capture ioreg when you boot without "-x". To do that, you'd have to enable screen sharing, take note of the VNC address, then login from another computer via VNC to capture ioreg.

Also, are you using vanilla AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext?

Ok, I will take another system.log and ioreg.... I think that AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is vanilla... Can you upload vanilla kext? Just for confirmation... :beachball:

Ok, I will take another system.log and ioreg.... I think that AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext is vanilla... Can you upload vanilla kext? Just for confirmation... :beachball:

No, but I'll show you the md5 sum (10.9.1):
Code:
ProBook-ML:Projects Admin$ md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB 
MD5 (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB) = d7d3b63dc211a0d61f5715f7717d24d2

No, but I'll show you the md5 sum (10.9.1):
Code:
ProBook-ML:Projects Admin$ md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB 
MD5 (/System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB) = d7d3b63dc211a0d61f5715f7717d24d2

MD5 sum matches with mine..... Here is Ioreg and system.log from failed boot without (-x) option...
View attachment Archive.zip

MD5 sum matches with mine..... Here is Ioreg and system.log from failed boot without (-x) option...
View attachment 81279

Definitely weird. It is not detecting the laptop display under framebuffer@0.

Just for grins try this:
IGPEnabler=Y IGPlatformID=00010000

Also, double check your EDID as the data you have there does not match previous ioreg dumps...

At any rate, I'm going to try my old method (using the hack, can't mention it's name here).
If it works, I'm just going to use those kexts in a Vanilla installation and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back