Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake: ASUS Z170-PRO - Core i7-6700K - 16GB RAM - GTX 980 - Dual Boot - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to check in and say thanks for this post. I'm about to build a similar machine (this weekend). My first Hackintosh. (Coming from a fully loaded i7 2015 iMac that isn't cutting it anymore).

Thanks! :headbang::headbang:
I finally got it! Following your post I installed Sierra...
Working:
  • Graphics Intel HD 530 to 1536MB with my Apple Led CInema of 24''
  • Led Cinema Camera, Sound and USB. (Audio Inject=1)
  • Sound, but at the output of the black jack. Front headphone output ok.
  • USB... but USB 3.1 disabled. I'll start testing BIOS changes
  • Wifi
  • Sleep&awake. I need time...
Not work:
  • Graphic MSI GTX970. Recognized as PCIe GPU Display :(
Continue reading the forum to see how I make it work as it seems that through the Display Port is not detected by the BIOS (I have connected the Led Cinema with a MiniDisplay Port to Display port adapter)

(sorry for my english :D)

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-24 a las 19.58.26.png

Captura de pantalla 2016-12-24 a las 19.55.28.png
Captura de pantalla 2016-12-24 a las 19.56.30.png

Now test!!!!

Not work:
  • Graphic MSI GTX970. Recognized as PCIe GPU Display :(
If you disable the Intel HD530 (iGPU) in the BIOS, it's easy to make the Nvidia GPU work.
I think if the HD530 is activated but without any screen plugged in, it causes troubles .... not for sure ....

I disable in the BIOS the iGPU and USB 3.1
I did a clean install for Sierra 10.12.2:
Sound work (digital output) : thanks multi beast 9.0.1
iCloud, iTunes, AppStore Work
USB Works : thanks multi beast 9.0.1
SSD M.2 works
Ethernet Works : thanks multi beast 9.0.1
GTX 780 Works
Sleep& Wake Work thanks to the correct CPU's SSDT

Not tested :
Dual screens : one plugged in the iGPU & One plugged in Nvidia GPU ...

Last edited:
I installed GTX970 and when injecting Nvidia recognizes it, the problem is that it leaves the VRAM at 0.
When installing the NVIDIA drivers (16B2659) loads everything and makes me the black screen :banghead:

I've tried changing HDMI over the Displayport but it does not work. So I continue to read and try things. Now I will do a clean installation and I will update to the latest version of Sierra to see if it lets me install the latest NVIDIA drivers.

As for the sound I have to connect to the black pin to have sound, the green hasn't sound o_O
o_O

I installed GTX970 and when injecting Nvidia recognizes it, the problem is that it leaves the VRAM at 0.
Remove any Nvidia injection from your Clover config.plist with a plist editor of your choice, i.e Clover Configurator.

When installing the NVIDIA drivers (16B2659) loads everything and makes me the black screen :banghead:
If your system definition is iMac 15,1 iMac 17,1 or MacPro 6,1 either change it to iMac14,2 or implement the changes in section 4 here Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

all right! Thanks!!

I updated the latest version of OS Sierra, installed the drivers and to see if it was black screen or freezing I left a YouTube video open so that when I started it played and I heard it ... black screen.

Reboot with nv_disable=1 and applied AGDPfix.app and solved!! (I saved the app on USB Clover :)).

Everything will work if I install Intel HD 530?? I would like to have everything installed at 100%

Answer: After installation, do you enable USB 3.1, Fast boot ...?

The good thing about making BIOS adjustments once you have your system running is, if the adjustment causes a non boot it is simple to revert the changes.

Hello
Why in the Bios is there some Thunderbolt parameters ?
Someone has ever test it ?
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back