Contribute
Register

[Success] Skylake: ASUS Z170-PRO - Core i7-6700K - 16GB RAM - GTX 980 - Dual Boot - El Capitan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you post your BIOS configuration on your ASUS Z170 PRO. I'm having hard time installing it. Thank you!
Yeah, I have the same CPU and mobo and Im having a hard time as well

UPDATE: nv_disable=1 fixed my reboot problem and now everything seems to be working fine except the audio. Can you give some additional tips on how to fix it?

Last edited:
Hi all! Thanks for the guide!

I have the Z170I and useintegrated graphics (on HDMI). So far I've managed to install El Capitan.

However, during the install (and booting with the USB key) I had a 1400p resolution, and now it's stuck at 1080p.
On another thread someone suggested that patch: https://github.com/Floris497/mac-pixel-clock-patch-V2

It was for a different problem but maybe that could help ; any advice?

Yeah, I have the same CPU and mobo and Im having a hard time as well

UPDATE: nv_disable=1 fixed my reboot problem and now everything seems to be working fine except the audio. Can you give some additional tips on how to fix it?

I had same problem, to get the Audio working as it could not find any devices in sound optionsl.

I tried:
- Changing the Devices / Audio / Inject setting in config.plist from 3 to 1
- Used KextBeast to inject the Codec-Commander Kext as in the instructions.

What finally resolved it was by re-running the Clover configurator, but this time only setting the options for Audio.

:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: Drivers > Audio > 100 Series Audio

Hope this help[s

Firstly thank you for the guide. Unfourtenately I am not able to boot uefi usb in my Asus z170 pro gaming.
once i get to select the booting device, and once i select my USB drive, then nothing, happens, it just skips to Windows! Please, can anybody help me!

Million thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Would a 980ti work with this build? And if so, which brand would you recommend?

Firstly thank you for the guide. Unfourtenately I am not able to boot uefi usb in my Asus z170 pro gaming.
once i get to select the booting device, and once i select my USB drive, then nothing, happens, it just skips to Windows! Please, can anybody help me!

Million thanks in advance!!!
1. Double check your bios settings.
2. Double check the USB preparation steps...did you copy the necessary files into the efi partition of the USB?
3. Are you going to install Mac OS x into the same HDD where you installed Windows? They say you should install Mac first...then windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back