Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanx for the quick replies dasdf and stork.

I do have 4 memory sticks installed and they are not supported officially by the motherboard (all 32gb do show up though in the bios) and i do not think my psu is a haswell supported one either so i think my setup will be a good example to further asses this experiment so I will first try to install mavericks with the setup as is and see if that works (unless you think this will cause other issues down the line?)
i will unplug the win7 ssd though

btw, should i do any other preliminary testing/benchmarks on windows to make sure the system is ok before installing osx?

and do I need to adjust anything in the bios to prep for the osx install? (the sata ports were set to ahci by default when i installed windows7)
Well, I can predict the results. However, let's check the PSU to be sure > The big Haswell PSU compatibility list. Check both your PSU and memory manufacturers' web sites to see if your PSU and memory have been reported as working or not working with Haswell. It's best to eliminate all the possible trouble items in the beginning. Right now, we don't know if the reported freezes are due to hardware or Mavericks 10.9.2. You'll just have to keep up with the community here to learn.

so far so good, mavericks is installing as i type this.

however i just realized that i missed a couple of steps :oops:

3. (Optional) Set X.M.P. Memory Profile to Profile1
4. If your CPU supports VT-d, disable it

will this be an issue? can i change it afterwards in the bios?
or will i need to start from scratch if its an issue?

EDIT:
success!! :)
installation went flawlessly and everything seems stable and working. (ive only tried audio as I dont have or need a wireless network card)
i didnt even need to use any rescue codes at any time!
system is showing all 32gb of ram
cpu clock shows 3.69 (which is odd since it should be 3.5)

thanx alot guys!

Hello,

I'm planning on doing this built but I really need esata to work.
Has anyone tested it ?
Thanks

Hi Moustik747,

I never tried and have no esata device at home so that I can't try.
But I'll have a look into the system profiler if the esata port shows up there. This might be a first indication whether its working or not :)

Hi moustik747,

I couldn't identify anything esata-look-alike in the "system information"-programm, but this of course means nothing... I'm not even sure where this would show up on a real mac since there a esata-card would have to be used which would show up in pci.

So I'm afraid I have no news for you :eek:

But perhaps someone else can help:thumbup:

Thanks
I see in other threads that the Marvel 88SE9172 seems to be supported, so I'll give a shot

eSata tested and functional,
In fact, you just need to make sure there is no drive connected to the internal connector and you're good to go !

Hey everyone ! I hope you're all well !

My hackintosh have been working perfectly and even more than I think it could, since I've been able to plug 4 screens in the same time. YES, 4 different screens on a GTX 660, without setting anything, it just works :)

But since then, I have a very little "issue" : my boot screen is not my main screen, and I've searched all around the forum without finding a solution. How do we select on which screen the computer starts ?

Thanks by advance !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back