Contribute
Register

[Success] Dasdf's Build: Core i7-4770k - GA-Z87X-UD3H - HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, Dasdf !

Have any of you tried to upgrade to Yosemite ? I'm stuck to the wall of "can't find mach/kernel, even if I remove the two lines "<key>Kernel</key> <string>mach_kernel</string>" ...

Would be great to hear your tips !

Thanks

Thanks pilgirm.... I'm going to do a complete reinstall

Hi Nimanima,

I haven't updated to yosemite yet :|
The next 2-3 weeks will be quite busy and I'll do the update afterwards.
If you have tried it: Post your results here :thumbup:

Hi guys, Dasdf !

Have any of you tried to upgrade to Yosemite ? I'm stuck to the wall of "can't find mach/kernel, even if I remove the two lines "<key>Kernel</key> <string>mach_kernel</string>" ...

Would be great to hear your tips !

Thanks

Read the other threads concerning builds using the same motherboard, specifically Tonymacx86's.

I had the same issue, but was able to get it to boot by entering BIOS first.

Read the other threads concerning builds using the same motherboard, specifically Tonymacx86's.

I had the same issue, but was able to get it to boot by entering BIOS first.

Hi Gaucho,

Thanks for the answer, I'll try this when I have time and post results here !

Cheers.

Mavericks still running great here. There are so many problems with yosemite feature wise. I got it running perfectly with everything working but couldnt bear the "features". The text rendering is all messed up...the text rendering in pdfs in Preview especially look awful...etc etc...System is very stable with 10.9.5. I think Im going to only install the last point versions of mac os x from now on. But seeing how yosemite is right now, I might stay on mavericks for a long time.

I mean, you dont have to worry much about os updates if you're on the last point update hehe...the minor security updates will come when they will its no problem

ezjFDoz.png

Re: the most stable bios: That is definitely the f8m bios on tweaktown. If you have the older haswell cpu, use that...but if youre on f9 or higher already, use the f10 i guess...

Hi guys ! Merry Christmas everyone :)

I myself have the best present ever : Memory Allocation Error...

Just before that my main boot was not working any more, for an unknown reason, and I was using the backup one. I guess I was not fast enough !

How do you think I can fix that ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    646.3 KB · Views: 101
Nevermind, I made a clean install of yosemite !
Now I have troubles with my external audio device, but gonna post my question eslewhere.

Happy new year soon !

Just updated my initial post for some additional instructions for El Capitan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back