Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Big Sur on Gigabyte Z590 VISION D + 11700K + RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys...

I'm having a strange issue running the Big Sur installer.
I have a Gigabyte Z590 Vision G (similar to this board) + i7 11700K.
I'm temporary utilising a GT 730 2GB (already tested successfully on other systems).
The boot gets stuck AFTER the graphics driver has loaded.
The mouse pointer regularly works on top of a dark background. THe language selection or installer menu never appears.

Anyone has a clue how to fix this?
I tried enabling CSM but nothing.

BUt...if I add an already installed Big Sur. The system runs. So there's something with the installer.

Attachments

• IMG_0134.jpeg
    IMG_0134.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Hi guys...

I'm having a strange issue running the Big Sur installer.
I have a Gigabyte Z590 Vision G (similar to this board) + i7 11700K.
I'm temporary utilising a GT 730 2GB (already tested successfully on other systems).
The boot gets stuck AFTER the graphics driver has loaded.
The mouse pointer regularly works on top of a dark background. THe language selection or installer menu never appears.

Anyone has a clue how to fix this?
I tried enabling CSM but nothing.

BUt...if I add an already installed Big Sur. The system runs. So there's something with the installer.
Try adding npci=0x2000 nvda_drv_vrl=1 to the NVRAM boot-args to see if it picks up. Also make sure your GT730 is not a Fermi rebranded GF108 variant (otherwise it won't boot).
> https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buye...pu.html#fermi-rebranded-gf108-gf117-and-gf119

Try adding npci=0x2000 nvda_drv_vrl=1 to the NVRAM boot-args to see if it picks up. Also make sure your GT730 is not a Fermi rebranded GF108 variant (otherwise it won't boot).
> https://dortania.github.io/GPU-Buye...pu.html#fermi-rebranded-gf108-gf117-and-gf119
Well I've used that card in other hacks with Big Sur. It works.
Strange is it boots MacOS from a boot disc with Big Sur but it was stuck with the installer.
But for some reasons, unknown to me, after working on the EFI from an USB MacOS installation and defining USB the installer worked..
So it's solved now.
Thanks a lot!!

But unluckily I have a problem.
At the second sleep the system wakes with a reboot.
I tried lowering Ram, having a very stock Bios but...no solution.
anyone has anything to suggest to fix this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 20.44.09.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-05 at 20.44.09.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Just wanted to say a massive thanks. I have it all running nicely on Monterey. If only sleep worked...

Hi @Kentsoon, never tried it, because this GPU (UHD 750) is not supported and will probably never be supported.

Hi @tsanko.dimitrov
I am looking at the Gigabyte Z590 Vision D because I want to connect a UAD Apollo Twin x Thunderbolt Audio Interface to it. Have you connected any Thunderbolt devices besides the Ethernet Connector you mentioned to it?
Did you get the hot plug working?

I'm also interested in the question about GB Vision D, i7-11700k, 32gb and Apollo twin X thunderbolt. Will everything work correctly, for example in Big Sur? And further. As far as I understand, with integrated graphics there is no chance to install the system (if it is not so, correct me), what video card can be purchased. Not expensive ones .. Again - Pro tools should work fine.
Thanks!

Hi to all of you (@AsVit @Kentsoon )
this build is stable and works flawlessly. I have a couple of TB devices and all of them work on cold boot only.
I tried an Apple Thunderbolt Ethernet Adapter and ane TB NVMe SSD disk. I'm having no Audio Interfaces and con not test. I think they will work on cold boot only. Perhaps they will not come after wake from sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back