Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lexone, Thank you for making this the easiest Hackintosh setup ever. I have the same motherboard as you with an Intel i5 760 processor and Nvidia GTX570 graphics card. I followed all your steps to the letter T and got my system fully functional without any issues. The only additions I had to make was to install the Nvidia Fermi and the Realtek RTL LAN drivers via Multibeast. The rest of the steps were directly followed from your guide. Just brilliant. Cheers.

Thx for the positive feedback and please be sure to recommend this article, share via FB & Twitter, and g+1 on Google. There is also a poll on the front page which you can submit a vote on.

I'm glad I was able to make this a simple installation for you. I do need to update this guide as I have made some changes to my system since I created this doc but nothing for you to worry about. Take care!

Hi. How you get working sleep?

I have rebuilt my machine since I created this guide...upgrading to SSD's, etc and with the latest versions of UniBeast & MultiBeast I had no issues with sleep/wake functionality...it just worked! :thumbup::)

Hi people !

I'm new here. I'm French, and, like french people I have a very bad english ! :lol:

I'm a beginner in Hackintosh. I bought one in second hand with Mountain Lion.

My configuration is :

Asus P7P55D-E
iNTEL i7
G.skill cas6
nVidia Quadro Fx5600

I use it for music. It runs with Logic 9, but.... my sound card is a Mackie Onyx in Firewire. I have a lot of "crack" and "pop" and a big latency when I use Logic Audio. I think it's about my firewire port.

Do you have any tips for this ? If yes, I ask you to explain me slowly with simple words and with a lot of details because it's rellay new for me, I don't know how install a driver for exemple.

Thank you for reading me.

Fred

today updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 via software update and it went smoothly. no issue so far with the system in my profile. hope you guys too update without any problem ;)

today updated from 10.8.4 to 10.8.5 via software update and it went smoothly. no issue so far with the system in my profile. hope you guys too update without any problem ;)

Glad to see you were able to update smoothly. I had some issues at first...good thing I had created a clone of my machine before i attempted to update. The update failed to install when downloading from Apple Store. Restored machine then tried downloading and running the combo update which also failed. Did some research and found out that 10.8.5 does not like the GenericUSBXHCI.kext installed from MultiBeast.:banghead:

I removed the kext after restoring my machine again and ran the update straight from Apple with success only to not be able to boot. Tried -v and saw it was stuck as "still waiting for root device". More research determined that I needed to change the npci=x3000 to npci=x2000 in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist. After changing this and repairing permissions...i was successfully able to boot to 10.8.5 with no issues other than the fact I no longer have working USB3.:thumbdown:

Hopefully next release of MultiBeast will have a newer compatible version.:?::thumbup:

Screen Shot 2013-09-15 at 2.43.10 PM.png

**Update**
It doesn't support GenericUSBXHCI.kext

MacMan and I will be releasing a new UniBeast and MultiBeast in the next few days, which should alleviate many of the issues people are having with 10.8.5 + UniBeast 2.0.2

I dont have GenericUSBXHCI.kext nor any usb 3 device so thats why my update went smoothly. anyway good to hear that macman and tonymacx will release newer multibeast and unibeast to fix that issue. good luck ;)

My Spec is ASUS P7H55-M LE, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon 5450 1GB and the Wireless is DWL G510 Atheros 5212. Im planning to upgrade from 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 since i've problem with iPhoto which cant be used in 10.8.2.. So will it works? Any suggestion for me?

I dont have GenericUSBXHCI.kext nor any usb 3 device so thats why my update went smoothly. anyway good to hear that macman and tonymacx will release newer multibeast and unibeast to fix that issue. good luck ;)

MacMan said:
UniBeast has been updated to version 2.1. Incorporating changes required for OS X 10.8.5, the tool is now fully compatible with Haswell based systems. UniBeast 2.1 is now available for download at tonymacx86.com/downloads.

Changes:

• Bootloader updated to Chimera v2.2.0-r2148
  • AHCI_3rdParty_SATA driver by MacMan updated to v0.4
  • Intel Ethernet driver (AppleIntelE1000e) by hnak updated to v2.5.4c
  • USB 3.0 driver GenericUSBXHCI by zenith432 updated to v1.2.5

I was able to extract the new USB 3 kext using Pacifist and ran it on my system...after reboot...USB3 functionality restored! Great job MacMan!:headbang::thumbup::clap:

My Spec is ASUS P7H55-M LE, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon 5450 1GB and the Wireless is DWL G510 Atheros 5212. Im planning to upgrade from 10.8.2 to 10.8.5 since i've problem with iPhoto which cant be used in 10.8.2.. So will it works? Any suggestion for me?

Not sure if I understood you correctly but im not sure since I don't have the same system as you. What I would suggest is that you first clone your current system to another drive/partition using Carbon Copy Cloner. Then boot to that clone and test running the upgrade. This way if you are unsuccessful in the upgrade, you still have a working copy to use to troubleshoot the broken clone.:idea:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back