Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You may want to start over from scratch with a fresh build because something you've done or haven't done is causing you problems. try booting with the following flags just to see if you can get into the system again. Also, make sure you are using the correct DSDT. Also show me what your multibeast configuration is like, give me a screen shot of all your selections in multibeast. If you manage to get in, check your org.chameleon.boot.plist file and change npci=0x3000 to 0x2000.

-v (Verbose)
-f (Single User)
-x (Safe Boot)

Got in with -v -f -x and heres my Current configuration in Org.chameleon.boot.plist and champlist (multibeast)
My DSDT is Custome made cause i cant find the exact bios version for my motherboard

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 155
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 190
Got in with -v -f -x and heres my Current configuration in Org.chameleon.boot.plist and champlist (multibeast)
My DSDT is Custome made cause i cant find the exact bios version for my motherboard

Your second pic is a config from champlist. i want to see you MultiBeast config so I can see what kexts your installing along with anything else. With champlist...add the NPCI=0x2000 option. As far as your BIOS, this could be why your having issues. Are you using the updated 1702 BIOS (I think thats the number)? I never updated my BIOS when the new version came out because i read that it created some issues so i stayed at 1602. If that's your case, I would suggest downgrading to 1602 BIOS. Then you can use my audio Kext to get your sound working. Send me a Multibeast screen shot of all your selected settings...If you haven't ran MultiBeast yet...that could be another reason you are having issues.

Your second pic is a config from champlist. i want to see you MultiBeast config so I can see what kexts your installing along with anything else. With champlist...add the NPCI=0x2000 option. As far as your BIOS, this could be why your having issues. Are you using the updated 1702 BIOS (I think thats the number)? I never updated my BIOS when the new version came out because i read that it created some issues so i stayed at 1602. If that's your case, I would suggest downgrading to 1602 BIOS. Then you can use my audio Kext to get your sound working. Send me a Multibeast screen shot of all your selected settings...If you haven't ran MultiBeast yet...that could be another reason you are having issues.

My BIOS Version is 0209 which is even older and because I have to instal windows to update (n dont want to) it I just left it as is. That's why I edited a custom DSDT based on 1602 for my setup n using it right now.
How can I see what's installed with multibeast?
I run it but after too much hustle I run champ list to change something's n right now I don't know how to see what's installed unless I run multibeast again.
Shall. Run it again?

Ncpi=0x2000 seemed to help cuz I'm logging in pretty slow but without parameters

About graphics should I use nvidia drivers or default OSX?

My BIOS Version is 0209 which is even older and because I have to instal windows to update (n dont want to) it I just left it as is. That's why I edited a custom DSDT based on 1602 for my setup n using it right now.
How can I see what's installed with multibeast?
I run it but after too much hustle I run champ list to change something's n right now I don't know how to see what's installed unless I run multibeast again.
Shall. Run it again?

Ncpi=0x2000 seemed to help cuz I'm logging in pretty slow but without parameters

About graphics should I use nvidia drivers or default OSX?

ahhh i gotcha...if you have a spare drive..id install windows on that so you can update your BIOS...then use the correct DSDT and u'll be good bro! i figured the 0x2000 would help a bit. For MultiBeast...there is no way to see what you already installed and I dont recommend running it again but what you can do is open it and select all your options that you selected the first time you ran it...then take a screen shot of it...then just close out of it without actually running it again. Champlist is a great tool also...i love it but you still need multibeast first. I highly recommend upgrading your BIOS to 1602 and doing a fresh install....if anything wipe your mac drive...install Windows on it...update BIOS...then reformat the drive and install Mac on it again.

As far as your graphics...ur using an nvidia GT240 which works right out the box right. If it aint broke, don't fix it. The nvidia drivers wont help you anyways as they are designed for the newer cards (600 series and up) that have extra features in the cards. your card should need any of that so you will be good.

Anyone in this thread going to be updating to Mavericks any time soon? I'm waiting for a "GREAT SUCCESS!" post before I do it...

Anyone in this thread going to be updating to Mavericks any time soon? I'm waiting for a "GREAT SUCCESS!" post before I do it...

I have already updated my system with a fresh install with...well...GREAT SUCCESS!! lol. Give me some time to make an updated install guide for Mavericks and I will post it as will as posting a link here to the new guide!

I have already updated my system with a fresh install with...well...GREAT SUCCESS!! lol. Give me some time to make an updated install guide for Mavericks and I will post it as will as posting a link here to the new guide!

Hi i've just installed it on my ASUS P7P55D-E LX and it's working great except I can't get any sound. I'm not really sure what to do, I haven't hackintoshed since 10.8.6 so any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Hi i've just installed it on my ASUS P7P55D-E LX and it's working great except I can't get any sound. I'm not really sure what to do, I haven't hackintoshed since 10.8.6 so any help would be greatly appreciated :) Thanks

Have you tried installing my VoodooHDA.kext that is attached at the beginning of this guide? Install it, repair permissions, reboot, and make sure to go into System preferences>Sound and check that you have the correct Audio Out selected.

New!! Mavericks Guide Now Available!!

CustoMac ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks Installation Guide

thanx for all help,
my system seems to be working pretty well
just an annoying detail: I can t change the volume with keyboard keys…
used the "volume control fix" from other guides but still no luck..

any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back