Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have almost the exact board,pro version. My hackintosh went to sleep and wake up. I didn't have to play around with sleep kext. I just used the dsdt.

why never mention how to made ur gtx 260 work?

cos i am facing problem with my gt 240 512 ddr5,
it got wave and not running smooth, 10.8 OSX
any help and tips?

why never mention how to made ur gtx 260 work?

cos i am facing problem with my gt 240 512 ddr5,
it got wave and not running smooth, 10.8 OSX
any help and tips?

I never mentioned anything about it because I didn't have to do anything extra...my GPU worked right out of the box.

I cannot get my Hackintosh to sleep. This one is feeling a bit over my head and I could definitely use some help with it. Have you had any luck with this?

I was bashing my head against the wall with this one too, but it wasn't the end of the world so I didn't worry about it.

Then my power bill came and it was 180% the usual cost. WooHoo! (also turned out my fiancee had plugged in the 1970's fridge in the basement).

I followed Lexone's guide and ran into the sleep wall.

Anyways, here is the fix that I found:

First of all make sure your running the BIOS supported by your DSDT (I recommend using the TonyMac dsdt myself since all the other repositories are going to be based in what's most popular).

In BIOS set the C-state limit to C1 (google for further details). This will fix audio issues without needing to install Nullpowermanagement.kext.

Next: Install intelpowermanagement.kext from the latest multibeast and remove nullpowermanagement.kext
Now remove the usb 3.0 kext. If your machine is sleeping once, then locking up on the second attempt this is the culprit. Should be PXHCD.kext... remove it.

Finally install pleasesleep and activate it.

Enjoy! Worked for me! Geekbench improved plus sleep plus audio! No usb 3.0 but I can live with slightly slower transfer rates.

I was bashing my head against the wall with this one too, but it wasn't the end of the world so I didn't worry about it.

Then my power bill came and it was 180% the usual cost. WooHoo! (also turned out my fiancee had plugged in the 1970's fridge in the basement).

I followed Lexone's guide and ran into the sleep wall.

Anyways, here is the fix that I found:

First of all make sure your running the BIOS supported by your DSDT (I recommend using the TonyMac dsdt myself since all the other repositories are going to be based in what's most popular).

In BIOS set the C-state limit to C1 (google for further details). This will fix audio issues without needing to install Nullpowermanagement.kext.

Next: Install intelpowermanagement.kext from the latest multibeast and remove nullpowermanagement.kext
Now remove the usb 3.0 kext. If your machine is sleeping once, then locking up on the second attempt this is the culprit. Should be PXHCD.kext... remove it.

Finally install pleasesleep and activate it.

Enjoy! Worked for me! Geekbench improved plus sleep plus audio! No usb 3.0 but I can live with slightly slower transfer rates.

I can confirm that my hackintosh now goes to sleep normally for the fifth time (probably will continue to) after only deleting PXHCD.kext Thank you simplefear!

Hi guys,

Same as dexcox, I just removed PXHCD.kext and my hackintosh now goes to sleep and wakes up!

Excellent guide lexone, and thanks for the sleep tip simplefear

Great tutorial i have everything working except the ide dvd drive it says no drives any ideas

Great tutorial i have everything working except the ide dvd drive it says no drives any ideas

thanks for the kudos...unfortunately i am not sure why its not detecting your IDE drive but I am using SATA connections and everything worked straight out of the box. There may be a BIOS setting for the IDE that needs to be changed just like you change the SATA to AHCI.

Hi guys,

Same as dexcox, I just removed PXHCD.kext and my hackintosh now goes to sleep and wakes up!

Excellent guide lexone, and thanks for the sleep tip simplefear

Nice work guys...i will give this a try and report back...if it breaks my USB3 connection then I will revert back to original state

10.8.3 update anyone?

gonna update, making back up and just want to check before updating if anybody updated to 10.8.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back