Contribute
Register

[Success]: ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mountain Lion 10.8.2 [Guide]

Did you find this guide to be helpful?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Just wanted to update on the progress of my mackintosh. Just deleted the old ACPI Platform kext (1.6) and everything worked out!!!

Thanks for this great guide!!

Awesome! Glad to know your up and running! Let me know if you are able to login to iMessage...i seem to have lost my connection to it and cannot reconnect and from what I hear...this is happening to Hackintosh users but not OEM Mac users

Hi Lexone,

i hope you can help me to get my system running.
the hackintosh install always stops due "Still waiting for root device and "the iousbfamily was not able to enumerate a device"
SATA is set to AHCI.

I would be glad if you can give me some tips.

System:
ASUS P7P55D
Intel i5 750 [email protected]
Asus EAH5770 Series ATI 400MHz, 2806MB
Silicon Power Velox V30, 60GB, 2.5", SATA III 6Gb/s
Kingston DataTraveler 111 16GB, USB 3.0

The the following...

• Change USB drive to a different port.
  • Used the following BOOT Flags:
    Code:
    [B]npci=x2000 -v -x UseKernelCache=No[/B]

Note: - Be sure to check that your SATA drive
is not connected to a 6gb/s port.

Also may want to take a look at this...
http://blog.yerkanian.com/2012/09/2...for-root-device-on-os-x-10-8-2-mountain-lion/

Thx for your answer.
I already have changed the usb port. But that wasn't the fault.
But i recognized that, when i had changed the port the error always appears parallel. So i tried with another USB stick, 2.0 instead of 3.0!

Und finally i made it. ;-)
The system is running smooth!

But can you give me a hint why? The usb should be backwards compatible, ur i'm thinking wrong.
Initially the installation process has been started from the usb 3.0 stick and then gave up.....

Yes that is basically because the Hackintosh can't natively read from a USB 3.0 drive until a kext for it is installed which is most likely why it fails on you. By default it can read USB 2.0 without additional kexts. Using a USB 2.0 stick is the preferred method, then once your system is up and running, you can install a USB 3.0 kext so that it will detect/recognize a 3.0 drive and read/write to/from it. Hope this helps

HiYa lexone,

Sure hope your still watching this thread, i have the exact board & setup as you aside from your "Extra Peripherals" other than instead of the Belkin I'm using the ASUS USB-BT211 mini dongle. I'm currently running 10.7.5, I'm having sound issues that just don't want to go away. So i was planning on giving Mountain Lion a go and using your guide complete with attached files, you don't see anywhere i might run into any issues? Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers.. ;-)

HiYa lexone,

Sure hope your still watching this thread, i have the exact board & setup as you aside from your "Extra Peripherals" other than instead of the Belkin I'm using the ASUS USB-BT211 mini dongle. I'm currently running 10.7.5, I'm having sound issues that just don't want to go away. So i was planning on giving Mountain Lion a go and using your guide complete with attached files, you don't see anywhere i might run into any issues? Thanks in advance for any input.

Cheers.. ;-)

Nope, you should be all good if you follow the guide step-by-step. If you run into any issues...let me know and I will try to help you out. Best of luck!

I cannot get my Hackintosh to sleep. This one is feeling a bit over my head and I could definitely use some help with it. Have you had any luck with this?

I would have to say this has something to do with the DSDT file that you are using but I am not 100% sure since I do not have the same board. Have you updated to the latest BIOS version? How did you create your DSDT for your mobo, using Windows or Mac? Have you tried downloading a DSDT for your system from the tonymac DSDT database? I would give that a shot as well. Let me know how you make out.

Hallo again.

Thanks for your answer.

I have used a DSDT from tonymac, but also others. I have made a downgrade, and now my BIOS is v. 1504.

In the first post, i made a link fail. The 2nd URL is the same as the 1st. The 2nd URL should be: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/63663-asus-p7p55d-enable-via-vt1828s-sound-10-8-a.html

After used days trying figure out the sound problem, i went to BIOS for double-check my settings. AND - The HDA Controller was disabled. After turning is on, the kexts from 2nd URL (http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/63663-asus-p7p55d-enable-via-vt1828s-sound-10-8-a.html) works like a dream on my MOBO.

Maybee you could write a little note about the audio settings for your MOBO in your BIOS Settings overview.
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums...vanced-onboardMarvellAHCIMode_zps996aa4df.jpg

I cannot get my Hackintosh to sleep. This one is feeling a bit over my head and I could definitely use some help with it. Have you had any luck with this?

I too haven't been able to figure this out yet...my Hack will go to sleep but will not wake from sleep. I have even tried using the sleepenabler.kext with no luck. Not a big deal for me tho because i dont ever put my machine to sleep. I will keep looking to figure this out tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back