Contribute
Register

Stuck After Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was trying to enter the commands for converting the drive in the Snow Leopard terminal.

Won't work. Need gdisk. gdisk is not available in SL. Thus the use of Linux.

I have no idea what the second question is asking

If you are seeing the bootloader, there is no need to convert to MBR...

The commands to convert the drive to mbr is there a way to do it in the snow leopard terminal.

No. See above.

So there is something wrong with my computer because the flash drive boots on another laptop but not the one I am trying to convert the drive on. I go to boot options and select the flash drive but it only goes to a black screen. The flash drive was formatted to Fat32. could there be a problem with the formatting of the flash drive that's not allowing me to boot from it?

I do not get the boot loader for the hard drive I only get the Operations System not found.

So there is something wrong with my computer because the flash drive boots on another laptop but not the one I am trying to convert the drive on. I go to boot options and select the flash drive but it only goes to a black screen. The flash drive was formatted to Fat32. could there be a problem with the formatting of the flash drive that's not allowing me to boot from it?

I do not get the boot loader for the hard drive I only get the Operations System not found.

What version of Ubuntu? How did you create it?

ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64.iso
and to install it on the flash drive I'm using
Universal USB installer

ubuntu-14.04-desktop-amd64.iso
and to install it on the flash drive I'm using
Universal USB installer

Try 12.04LTS 32-bit (non-UEFI).

Where can I find the download?

all I see is the 14.04 32 bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back