Contribute
Register

Stuck After Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason I can't get my computer to boot from the flash drive when it is in when my computer is turned on my computer is stuck in the bios screen if i press f12 then put it in it wont see it. Is there anything I can do?

For some reason I can't get my computer to boot from the flash drive when it is in when my computer is turned on my computer is stuck in the bios screen if i press f12 then put it in it wont see it. Is there anything I can do?
I got it to recognize and boot from the flash drive but it just goes to a black screen.

I got it to recognize and boot from the flash drive but it just goes to a black screen.

Flash drive? There is no flash drive involved in Snow Leopard. Just iBoot CD/DVD and retail Snow Leopard DVD from Apple.

What are you doing?

It said I needed to boot an Ubuntu flash drive

It said I needed to boot an Ubuntu flash drive

That clarifies things a bit...

Make sure you created the Ubuntu USB correctly...

Is there anyway to do it without the flash drive and just use snow leopard because when I entered the code in the terminal it said they weren't commands?

Is there anyway to do it without the flash drive and just use snow leopard because when I entered the code in the terminal it said they weren't commands?

Follow instructions carefully.

I entered it in the snow leopard terminal I still haven't been able to get my computer to boot to the flash drive it is still just going to a black screen when I try to boot to it. Using the snow leopard terminal I can't seem to find the commands for it

I entered it in the snow leopard terminal

Entered what?

I still haven't been able to get my computer to boot to the flash drive it is still just going to a black screen when I try to boot to it.

If you have the bootloader showing up, then you're on to a different problem... Boot verbose so you know what is happening. Did you inject AAPL,os-data?

Using the snow leopard terminal I can't seem to find the commands for it

Commands for what?

Entered what?

If you have the bootloader showing up, then you're on to a different problem... Boot verbose so you know what is happening. Did you inject AAPL,os-data?

Commands for what?

I was trying to enter the commands for converting the drive in the Snow Leopard terminal.

I have no idea what the second question is asking

The commands to convert the drive to mbr is there a way to do it in the snow leopard terminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back