Contribute
Register

Stuck After Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
doesn't chimera install with multibeast?

It would depend entirely on which options you used in Multibeast, thus the question...

i used easybeast all the other options besides the user dsdt install

i used easybeast all the other options besides the user dsdt install

EasyBeast will install a bootloader, but if you have a 4k/AF HDD, the boot1h will not be copied to the PBR (partition boot record). Search for 'boot0' for a fix to that...

Also, you should make sure you have an active partition.

But what do you mean "all the other options". Sounds wrong/crazy...

How do I set an active partition?
And I checked all the boxes except the user dsdt option.

So I re-installed snow leopard on my laptop set the active partition, removed the kext, installed the update helper and rebooted, then I installed the update and easybeast then rebooted and tried to boot from the hard drive and it says Operations Systems not found and when I try to boot using iboot it goes to the apple logo and then goes to a gray screen and wont go any further.

Thank you so much for helping me with everything very much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

So I re-installed snow leopard on my laptop set the active partition, removed the kext, installed the update helper and rebooted, then I installed the update and easybeast then rebooted and tried to boot from the hard drive and it says Operations Systems not found and when I try to boot using iboot it goes to the apple logo and then goes to a gray screen and wont go any further.

You need to set the active partition (if not set) *after* installing the bootloader.

It was active when I went to the terminal but it still says system operations not found.

So my bios doesn't support the GPT partition and my dvd wont let me install on a MBR partition any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back