Contribute
Register

Stork's Zorro Build: Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Stork's Sandy Bridge Z68X-UD3H - i7-2600K - HD3000 - Lion

My build is kinda quiet. Certainly quieter than a Mac Pro and my hot rodded Sawtooth. But, it's noticeable only when I turn it off. So, it's not objectionable.

As for the SATA drives, I can't tell the difference. But, I'm not dealing with large data files, just music and video. However, I can tell the difference using the OCZ Vertex 3 SSD. Poof! Applications open. Zorro's fast processor and SSD make using my MBP's slowness noticeable.

OK I think I'm nearly done with the pre-purchase questions. :)

Would this memory work good with this build:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0058J1QYC/

I think it's the same as the one you specified, except there are 4 units instead of 2.

I should think they will work. Mine is the Corsair Vengeance Low Profile White which runs at 1.35v. Yours runs at 1.5v, but at 1/2 the price. :thumbup:

One more thing I just thought of:

Usually when I change computers, after I get through installing the OS it will ask if I want to migrate my data from an existing computer, and most of the time I do. This will bring all my data and apps from my existing machine so I don't have to, for example, install all my Adobe apps, iLife, etc. Will this work when going from a Mac Pro to a Hackintosh?

Hello,

I am really new here and I have a question about the installation with Multibeast for this system.
Yesterday also I ordered the Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H. I want to install OS X from the scratch. Probably with unibeast. What settings do I have to select in Multibeast? I downloaded the dst file for this mainboard. But i don`t know which drivers I have to select. I also want to use the Intel HD 3000 graphics.

@Stork: Is it possible for you to post a screenshot with the multibeast settings for your system?

Stork, I was wondering if you could post a couple settings from your bios in the MIT section, related to the GPU.

what the GPU frequency is in the normal column?
what the GPU voltage is in the normal column?

Thanks!

jimbo.b said:
...Is it possible for you to post a screenshot with the multibeast settings for your system?
Done. Note that this configuration is for the Beta MultiBeast 4.10. However, you will get the idea of what has to be done. Note 2: you'll need to pick the 64bit Apple Boot Screen to get the GraphicsEnabler=YES.

dmreddy said:
Stork, I was wondering if you could post a couple settings from your bios in the MIT section, related to the GPU.

what the GPU frequency is in the normal column?
what the GPU voltage is in the normal column?

Thanks!

Done. I used the defaults whatever they are. Where are these parameters located?

EddyMac said:
One more thing I just thought of:

Usually when I change computers, after I get through installing the OS it will ask if I want to migrate my data from an existing computer, and most of the time I do. This will bring all my data and apps from my existing machine so I don't have to, for example, install all my Adobe apps, iLife, etc. Will this work when going from a Mac Pro to a Hackintosh?
I tried it once, and, IIRC, it brought over some stuff that caused problems. But, that was on a computer that had my User folder on another drive.

Here would be my procedure. Get the virgin system up and running. Then backup or clone (I use Carbon Copy Cloner to back a backup of my last current working system.) Then, try the Migrations Assistant. See if it works. If not, reverse clone, and install the apps from scratch. The good thing about reinstalling from scratch is you only put back what you immediately need. The preferences for each app are fairly easy to replicate.

123qwaszx said:
...Have you had the chance to video/photo edit (Photoshop, Final Cut Pro X)? How well does your machine perform?

I am thinking of eliminating the gfx card so I have a more silent hackintosh (see my current list of components)...

No, I haven't. I won't get to that for a while. Recommend you search the Forum for your critical apps and HD 3000. Alternatively, you build your system, install the apps and test them. If HD 3000 doesn't work for your demands, then get the appropriate graphics card. Remember, Apple had a falling out with nVidia and is using AMD/ATI Reference Design graphics cards. So, if you need a graphics card, get a Gigabyte 6850 or 6870 as described in the tonymacx86 Recommend SB Builds Guide - they work OOB.

Stork said:
Done. I used the defaults whatever they are. Where are these parameters located?

In the MB Tweaker (MIT).
-Advanced freq settings -Internal graphics clock. It should say something like 1100?
-Advanced Voltage Settings -Graphics Core. it should say something like .9** or 1.0** or something like that.

There the numbers under the normal column.

dmreddy said:
Stork said:

In the MB Tweaker (MIT).
-Advanced freq settings -Internal graphics clock. It should say something like 1100?
Auto 1330
dmreddy said:
-Advanced Voltage Settings -Graphics Core. it should say something like .9** or 1.0** or something like that.
Auto 1.060

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back