Contribute
Register

Skylake HD530 - Sleeps but won't wake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been testing and trying to figure out a workaround for this, but no success so far. Unfortunately it's the same issue as AMD graphics cards- the machine sleeps fine but the screen doesn't wake up. NVIDIA graphics cards sleep/wake perfectly though.

If I find a solution I'll post it here.

I'll just buy a cheap compatible nVidia card and use that until someone finds a fix.

I'll await developments with great interest :)
I'm quite keen to ditch my GT740 and move to Intel graphics, perhaps updating to an i7. I consider that for me, a more powerful CPU is of more use than a faster GPU.

Here's what weird.. So PRIOR to having an SSD installed I have an old mechanical HDD. I was just playing around and tweaking until my SSD adapter came in the mail. With the HDD I could sleep but not wake.. Once I installed the SSD and carried on with

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/n...e-ga-h170m-ds3h-intel-hd-530-graphics.192269/

That guys post install instructions exactly like I did with the HDD.. I forgot to turn off sleep mode so when I left the PC for a bit and came back to it sleeping, I moved my mouse knowing I wouldn't get video but BAM, she came back on. No issues since. I've rebooted, edited plist and such no problems :)

** ONLY other thing I MAY of done was install OSX over VGA on the SSD and I think I installed on the HDD over HDMI.. Maybe

I have an Intel NUC6i5SYK with an intel HD 540 an I'm on 10.11.4.
I followed this guide ( http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-intel-skylake-nuc.183839/ ) after which sleep worked. But I couldn't connect 2 monitors at the same time.
To fix this I tried to disable Apple's Graphics Device policy and now I how a working dual monitor setup. But now sleep isn't working anymore. It goes to sleep, but is impossible to wake.
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance !

This was reported first over in the Skylake integrated graphics thread by Ch_f and I also stumbled upon it. It seems sleep works if initiated by the OS and not the monitors. So that means you should be able to set a hotkey/hot corner for "put displays to sleep" and it'll wake up properly. This also works with a screensaver that goes to sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back