Contribute
Register

*Repost* Need help getting Mavericks running on Dell XPS 15 l521x

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use BT, but BT is usually on the USB bus. So... assuming you have USB working, DSDT is irrelevant to BT.

Best way to get correct AppleACPIPlatform is with fresh install. Either fresh install and start over, or fresh install to a second partition so you can install the kext from there to your original partition.

Given all the other things going on with your install, a fresh install might not be out of the question anyway. Correct power management should be the first thing you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Most machines can boot with the native DSDT.

If you're getting a KP, post a quality photo of the entire screen.

Ok, good news and bad news, AppleACPIPlatform successfully installed without kernel panic, I booted without any flags, after login all windows open and everything is good and bluetooth works, but after 30 seconds or so it freezes as before. If I boot with DSDT=No it doesn't freeze but bluetooth doesn't work.
Thats why I though it was something in the DSDT related to bluetooth, with DSDT bluetooth works, without it it doesn't work.
So after all we have done and changed is not that bad, if only the bluetooth was working as before I would say we have been successful in fixing somethings that were wrong.
I appreciate your help, although I am far from done so if you find something else about the bluetooth so I can use the DSDT so I can enable the screen brightness and sound it would be terrific.
Thanks a million

Ok, good news and bad news, AppleACPIPlatform successfully installed without kernel panic, I booted without any flags, after login all windows open and everything is good and bluetooth works, but after 30 seconds or so it freezes as before. If I boot with DSDT=No it doesn't freeze but bluetooth doesn't work.
Thats why I though it was something in the DSDT related to bluetooth, with DSDT bluetooth works, without it it doesn't work.
So after all we have done and changed is not that bad, if only the bluetooth was working as before I would say we have been successful in fixing somethings that were wrong.
I appreciate your help, although I am far from done so if you find something else about the bluetooth so I can use the DSDT so I can enable the screen brightness and sound it would be terrific.
Thanks a million

Post native and patched DSDT. Also, ioreg.

Post native and patched DSDT. Also, ioreg.

thanks man I really need to get this working. I attached ioreg and patched DSDT, the native one I don't have it as it was overwritten by the patched one.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    41.1 KB · Views: 67
  • alex’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    3.7 MB · Views: 55
Ok, I installed again nullcpupowermanagement with MultiBeast and all back to normal, no more freezes, bluetooth working. I guess with nullcpupowermanagement I will never get the screen brightness to work, but thats fine we did all we could. Now everything works except screen brightness and audio. For the audio I ordered a usb sound adapter which it doesn't look good hanging from the side of the laptop but it solves the problem. For the screen brightness I found out that when in battery mode it dims the screen a little bit, so thats good.
What do you think should we stop now or you think is better to keep trying?

Ok, I installed again nullcpupowermanagement with MultiBeast and all back to normal, no more freezes, bluetooth working. I guess with nullcpupowermanagement I will never get the screen brightness to work, but thats fine we did all we could. Now everything works except screen brightness and audio. For the audio I ordered a usb sound adapter which it doesn't look good hanging from the side of the laptop but it solves the problem. For the screen brightness I found out that when in battery mode it dims the screen a little bit, so thats good.
What do you think should we stop now or you think is better to keep trying?

You should probably start over and implement power management first. Power management is critical with a laptop.

I think screen brightness is a separate issue from power management.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

You should probably start over and implement power management first. Power management is critical with a laptop.

I think screen brightness is a separate issue from power management.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

I got audio working with VoodooHDA 2.8.5 from here http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/297207-voodoohda-285-for-mavericks-slice-anv-signed/
that means that some things that we did worked because before when using that kext it messed up the video on reboot, with error "error loading loading Capri because its class is already used by AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext"
So THANK YOU
:thumbup: time to clone the partition :lol:

You did not.

From your DSDT:
Code:
        Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }

Conclusion: wrong patch.
/QUOTE]

RehabMan, I am trying to apply the correct brightness patch, but on compile it finds errors, like: Object does not exist (KLVX)
and
Object is not accessible from this scope (_BCL)
could you take a look at the DSDT?
Thanks.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    41.1 KB · Views: 95
You did not.

From your DSDT:
Code:
        Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }

Conclusion: wrong patch.
/QUOTE]

RehabMan, I am trying to apply the correct brightness patch, but on compile it finds errors, like: Object does not exist (KLVX)
and
Thanks.

I managed to remove the errors, for some reason the patch was failing to write the portion that declared the names at the end, so I added it manually. It compiled, saved it to extra, reboot, it doesn't work. Instead now the brightness bar is initially set to zero, but it doesn't do anything.
Any ideas?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    41.8 KB · Views: 66
and
Thanks.

Make sure you are following the instructions and using MaciASL properly. I just tried it here with the DSDT you uploaded and it works perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back