4. MacBook Pro
  5. Mac mini
  6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Intel has finally announced the pricing for the Raptor Lake range. There will be 6 processors in the range, headed by the i9-13900K which will be 24 cores (8P+16E) with 68MB of L2+L3 cache in total and a maximum CPU boost clock of 5.8GHz, base power of 125W, and Max Turbo Power of 253W priced at $589. There is also a 13900KF (no UHD770 IGPU) version at $564. A 6GHz KS version (which has been confirmed by Pat Gelsinger) will come out later in the year.

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 9.07.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-30 at 9.03.29 AM.png

Here's a summary chart. Only the Core i5 models have gone up in price from the 12th gen prices.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

Intel has finally announced the pricing for the Raptor Lake range. There will be 6 processors in the range, headed by the i9-13900K which will be 24 cores (8P+16E) with 68MB of L2+L3 cache in total and a maximum CPU boost clock of 5.8GHz, base power of 125W, and Max Turbo Power of 253W priced at $589. There is also a 13900KF (no UHD770 IGPU) version at $564. A 6GHz KS version (which has been confirmed by Pat Gelsinger) will come out later in the year.

View attachment 555515

View attachment 555514

I have been testing 12600KF for several days. The latest BIOS introduced the ability to set up XMP RAM. Detects all cores. Everything works stably. I am not pasting the test results yet, because someone is deleting them here.

It seems that Intel's new Raptor Lake is getting a lot of good feedback from the latest reviews as it seems to top AMD's Ryzen 7000 in both price AND performance (for the first time in a long while).

it seems to top AMD's Ryzen 7000 in both price AND performance (for the first time in a long while).
And these new Intel Raptor Lake chips are still on the 10nm process node (Intel 7) so it looks like the next gen (14th) can even achieve bigger gains than this. The giant has finally woken up after 6 long years of sleepwalking. I'm certain that the wakeup call from Apple dropping them has also had something to do with this.

2023: Intel 4 and Meteor Lake (from digitaltrends.com)

In 2023, Intel will move on from 10nm to a 7nm process. Known now as Intel 4, the process will debut with the launch of Meteor Lake processors in 2023. Behind the scenes, Intel validated the Meteor Lake design earlier in 2021, suggesting that the range is on track for a 2023 launch.

The new process is said to bring a 20% gain in performance per watt thanks to the smaller size and use of EUV lithography, allowing Intel to create denser, more complex circuits. Until built on 7nm, Intel 4 will surpass TSMC and Samsung with their comparable 5nm nodes, with a transistor density of up to 250 million transistors per square millimeter.

Last edited:
Are they heading to a yearly processor release cycle?

Maybe a subscription with discounts for trade-in?

- New CPU every year
- New board every 2
- New PC every 4–6

Even Apple can't get away with that! They have to release a new OS every year so that customers know something has happened. As to the other weird thing where 6 times a year the news is finally making this years features fully work and omg security.

We can guess where this will go, as Microsoft will help Intel beat Apple at own game:

MARGE, Office 3.14159 runs so much smoother this year! Come try out this Word! It looks amazing: the ribbon is soo much more convenient plus Clippy's writes memos that are so much more engaging! And they put the Start Menu up at the top just like Apple.

Will power supply makers will see long term downturn because system will get less hungry over time?

Maybe an incredible new world of gaming that puts consoles to shame? Except why won't the same year-over-year advances go into yearly PlayStation/XBox upgrades?

I think Intel's silicon treadmills are in no danger of dissipating, but they can't be the star of any show any more. They will continue to submerge as a brand under the offerings of products built from them. They have become like the phone co. Microsoft has the same situation even though they should be much higher profile.

Gamers will continue to nerd out on phat kit... But who else will beat the marketing drum for Core iX +1. The loss of Apple is key both because Apple is a consumer tech trend-setter making meaningful improvements to specific technical standards, and because Apple was the a quiet cheerleader for Intel Inside, wherever Apple went, Intel brand naturally followed.

So how has Intel reacted:

They're outsourcing ever more of their fabs,

doubling down with a engineering CEO from the olden-dayz

raising prices, and

decimating their workforce.

Sounds like they're figuring out how to move forward!

Only thing missing is "design-wins"

(Wayyy back after Intel got out of memory and into these crazy devices called CPUs, they measured results based on how many and which firms adopted their designs for new products, where in the end Apple was the cherry on top.)

For investors, I will guess any good news to come will be anything except Core, and Intel brand awareness will see a steady decline which they will try to prop up in dreadful ways.

And these new Intel Raptor Lake chips are still on the 10nm process node (Intel 7) so it looks like the next gen (14th) can even achieve bigger gains than this. The giant has finally woken up after 6 long years of sleepwalking. I'm certain that the wakeup call from Apple dropping them has also had something to do with this.

The fact that AMD was killing them and Apple dropped them was what caused the shake up with in top level management. But it was the shake up of the CEO being a Tech guy and early x86 creator that has allowed the company to focus on RND and not on shareholders. I would also sirmise that it has something to do with the huge infusion of capital that the US government is planning on investing into returning Cutting Edge Hi-tech industry back into the US.

It is good to see that Intel is back on the highway and beating AMD even with a larger process node once again showing their superiority.

Doesn’t show it in the pic but i5 is $299. Now do I wait for Black Friday or pull the trigger on the build this week after reviews…
routerlogin

watch IPL

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back