Contribute
Register

Ralink WIFI combo card SOLUTION hp ProBook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
drosen said:
but do we know the part number for AR9285 that comes with the machine? that is needed to order it from HP i think.
That's the part number for 4530S Atheros WiFi+Bluetooth card 593127-001 from the service manual.

Two questions :
1) Does the Atheros AR5B195 card have to come from an HP machine or other brands (Dell,Lenovo etc) are ok too ? There are a bunch of cards on e-bay that are from Dell machines

2) Did you have to install the kext from the first post because the card was from Hong-Kong ? what about cards from USA? do I still need to install the kext for those too?

1. Save yourself time and buy exact card from HP or Allinc.
Our BIOS is very picky and will not work with Dell or Lenovo. Even cards from other HP machines will not work if subsystem info is not correct.

2. HP Installer 3.1.1 got everything you need.

i actually have an intel 802.11abgn BT combo card (4330s) - no bt and wifi either, do i also have to pick up the atheros?

a search on the hp parts list with the part number mentioned earlier came up with this card.
B/G/N WLAN card - Half MiniCard (HMC) combo Malbec

is this the wifi + bluetooth atheros card? and will it work out of the box?

Check three posts above. :)

helllo,
read your EDit few time to understand which proBook installer you re talking about? either the one you attached with your first post or something else? I have RaiLink combo and i am looking for solution to make them work in mac... :)

nomatic said:
helllo,
read your EDit few time to understand which proBook installer you re talking about? either the one you attached with your first post or something else? I have RaiLink combo and i am looking for solution to make them work in mac... :)

The ralink card WILL NOT WORK in OS X.

blueking said:
nomatic said:
helllo,

The ralink card WILL NOT WORK in OS X.

You rbRRookee my heart :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back