Register

Ralink WIFI combo card SOLUTION hp ProBook 4530s

Status
Not open for further replies.
jovius said:
tried that railink with my old wifi card in SL but couldn't get it working
it requires 32bit mode. boot with arch=i386

jovius said:
looking back think the's a bit of confusion, I've been trying to get my Atheros AR5B195 to work in SL, which my original question was is it possible to get the Atheros AR5B195 pak or kest from the first post to work in SL ?
Should work with installer but try this kext as last resort
viewtopic.php?p=254518#p254518

well cant get it working on mine with just the installer in lion or SL, i need the pak in lion.. my probook didnt come with one i had to order one from HP

it looks like it's there in sl as a airport but it cant see any networks

the pak at the start of this thread Ralink WIFI combo card SOLUTION hp ProBook 4530s

It's not needed for the atheros 9285 I don't think, only if you have the card mentioned here.

i have got the card mentioned here !!

and a railink card (which came with the probook)

and another Atheros card with no bluetooth that my probook rejects ..

bigdonky thanks i'll give that a try ,, if i can get the ralink working i mite take my soldering iron to it and try and de solder the Bluetooth chip from it :)

So I need to buy a wifi card, as my probook came with the ralink.

the listing mentioned in this thread has expired, so I will be buying from HP.

Is it recommended that I purchase the card from this thread: part number 593127 - 001 (AR5B195)

OR

the the same atheros card that came in other people's laptops? AR9285 - part number????

as I understand either will work, but I only know the part number for the AR5B195.

but do we know the part number for AR9285 that comes with the machine? that is needed to order it from HP i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back