Zotac Geforce GTX 660
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello..

I am going to install OS X ML 10.8.2 today on my new Build which has Intel Core i3 3220 and Zotac GTX 660. Since, My Graphics card is not supported OBB, I was wondering is it possible to install OS X? My CPU has HD 2500 which is not supported by OS X and will do never in future too.

As per my knowledge, in order to get desktop and install nVidia drivers for GTX 660, I need to have at least one supported Graphics Card.

What should I do ?

Any solution?

TVS_GOLD

Hi TVS_Gold2001,

You don't mention which motherboard you are using (which is important for us to determine what you can do).

You can install OSX....I believe can support the HD2500 as I've seen it work on it before.
See if you can run Unibeast USB with the following commands at the Chameleon bootprompt (Tonymacx86 apple screen) using your Nvidia card (connected to the last DVI port or first HDMI port):

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

If you get stuck, remove your Nvidia card and try install with the Intel via DVI instead using these commands in Unibeast -v -x

Hi TVS_Gold2001,

You don't mention which motherboard you are using (which is important for us to determine what you can do).

You can install OSX....I believe can support the HD2500 as I've seen it work on it before.
See if you can run Unibeast USB with the following commands at the Chameleon bootprompt (Tonymacx86 apple screen) using your Nvidia card (connected to the last DVI port or first HDMI port):

-v -x GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

If you get stuck, remove your Nvidia card and try install with the Intel via DVI instead using these commands in Unibeast -v -x

Thanks Middleman...

I am having GA-H77M-D3H mobo...ok let me try both option. The installation was successful but i am not getting desktop right now. It gets kernel panic.

I will revert back to you shortly.

Thanks Middleman...

I am having GA-H77M-D3H mobo...ok let me try both option. The installation was successful but i am not getting desktop right now. It gets kernel panic.

I will revert back to you shortly.

Hello....

I tried but i am unable to get desktop yet. It stops after IOBluetoothHCIcontroller (start) -- completed.

Any solution?

Hello....

I tried but i am unable to get desktop yet. It stops after IOBluetoothHCIcontroller (start) -- completed.

Any solution?

Hello,

The 660 and the 650Ti use the same chipset, follow the instructions in the link below, post #5. You'll be able to install Unibeast with your 660. You need the newer NVidia drivers to get the 660 to work, the instructions just show you how to add them to Unibeast.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/78875-getting-650ti-working-7.html

Its working now...

I removed my nVidia Card(GTX 660- Non Ti) first and booted through integrated graphics card( HD 2000) with Graphicsenabler=Yes npci=0x2000. It was successful then I installed nvidia drivers and card. Everything works now.

USB 2.0 = Yes
USB 3.0 = Not tested yet but i am sure it will work
Sleep = Yes
QC/IC = Yes
Native Power Management
Audio= Yes, Through Multibeast
Wireless keyboard mouse works OOB

Geekbunch score yet to test

Thank you guys...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back