Graphics
NVIDIA GTX 670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm going out today to buy a new hard drive again to replace the WD Caviar Black 2TB I just bought, that was to replace my 3TB Seagate. Both of them give me a boot0 error on installation of Fusion Drive. Anybody who has Fusion Drive working with 2TB+ HDDs, please post the brand and model of your drive so I can get OS X and Fusion Drive working today. Thank you!

I used a 2TB Toshiba DT10ACA200 for my setup with a 240GB OCZ Agility 3 as the SSD. Both were placed onto the white SATA ports of my system, with the SSD on the first one.

The best way to build Fusion Drive is to install OSX onto a drive on SATA Port2 (Disk3), with Port0 and Port1 for your FD drives, and then booting from the drive on Port2, use the Terminal to create the drive. When you have rebooted and it's finished, you can then clone Disk3 to your Fusion Drive.

Also don't forget - Neil's instructions aren't accurate halfway through....you need to have the Chimera boot files ON the Desktop, as well as the Extras folder there as explained by me here > http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...g-tonymacx86-tools-chimera-16.html#post519415

Middleman,

Currently I have OS X installed onto my separate disk. diskutil list shows this boot drive (named 3TB) on disk2. disk0 and disk1 are my FUD. I went through the entire install, following your directions of having both boot files on desktop with the Extra folder, and the Fusion Drive creates itself. I restart my computer with the 3TB drive unplugged, and the Fusion Drive starts up - I know this because I have a custom Chimera theme only on the Fusion Drive. I see the two Fusion Drive logos (Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD 2), but letting either of them boot results in "Still Waiting for Root Device" or the cancel sign at the OS X logo. I've run PCIUID=0, PCIRootUID=1, achidisk=1, debug=8, nothing works.

Update: I have now created a new Fusion Drive set, and set my BIOS to boot from the SSD first. Now, Chimera loads with the custom theme, so I know it's loading from the "Boot From OS X" partition. I can see the "two drives" thing (Macintosh HD and Macintosh HD 2), but selecting either one of them gives me a "Still waiting for root device" error. I have a complete clone of my real iMac, booting from that gives me the same error. However, I can boot into the 3TB OS X "base" from the Fusion Drive's bootloader. Any ideas?

SenorDickWiches,

Ok, couple of questions:

a) Did you have this 'Still waiting for root device' error when booting with your clone?

b) If no to above, did you ever change the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist saved on your Desktop to add in your Fusion LV UUID and copy it to your EFI partition? The last link I gave you should have covered this > http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...g-tonymacx86-tools-chimera-16.html#post519415

The UUID you have in that file MUST MATCH the last one given below. You can check it with:

Code:
diskutil cs list

in Terminal, and see if the LV UUID matches the copy you placed on your Desktop. If it doesn't then you need to copy this new number to the Desktop's /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist, and then using my instructions above, to copy that /Extra folder to your two drives EFI and boot partitions.

If you ever reformat the drive, the LV UUID will change....and have to be changed to the new one....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back