Motherboard
Asus x99-A II
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
ATI RX 590
Mac
  1. iMac
i used to have a 4x4g ram kit "Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2400C14R" which was working perfectly without any issues but sadly the ram modules started to hang a bit so i decided to change it to a 1x16gb ram "CRUCIAL Ballistix BLS16G4D32AESC".

the problem is the machine became very sluggish "0.5-1 sec delay" after installing the new ram, i've also tested it on windows which doesnt show that symptoms.

so does anyone know what might be the issue ? or how to debug ?

the current system is osx 10.14.6 (18G6042)

Last edited:
i used to have a 4x4g ram kit "Corsair Vengeance CMK16GX4M4A2400C14R" which was working perfectly without any issues but sadly the ram modules started to hang a bit so i decided to change it to a 1x16gb ram "CRUCIAL Ballistix BLS16G4D32AESC".

the problem is the machine became very sluggish "about 0.5 to 1 second" after installing the new ram, i've also tested it on windows which doesnt show that symptoms.

so does anyone know what might be the issue ? or how to debug ?

the current system is osx 10.14.6 (18G6042)

Hi there,

Could be because you are no-longer using dual-channel memory. With your previous 4x modules they would have operated much faster in this mode. A single module cannot.

I do not know why Windows is unaffected.

:)

really :banghead: i actually thought using a single module would be much faster as all the data would be on the same ram :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back