Contribute
Register

P7P55D DSDT EDITING - So Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
eradicator006 said:
beelzebozo said:
I haven't tested it yet, to be honest, I don't really care about speed step. My system is overclocked anyway all the time.

Plus, I'm booting in 64 bit mode, and I'd have to boot into 32 bit mode to check.

Check this link regarding speed step:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...oard_id=1&model=P7P55D&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Wish I would've come across that info last night. After lots and lots of trial and error I figured out how to enable speedstep. Without speedstep enabled, I get very low geekbench scores.

What are you overclocked to? I normally run at 3.4ghz. I was able to get up to 4ghz tonight but it wasn't exactly stable. Temp got to almost 90'C with a vcore of 1.4. I'm using an arctic freezer xtreme 2 HSF.

I ran geek bench with no overclock, it scored 7008.

With overclocking to 3.71, it scored 9684.

My CPU's at 3.71 are around 38 - 42*C. You might want to lower the BLK number maybe or think about another CPU cooler if you plan on overclocking. That 90*C temp is a little high.

Could someone please help me on getting my system to run? I have a P7P55D-E Pro Mobo and I have tried the DSDT files here to get things to run, used the guides at tonymac and tried variations of the mulitbeast packages. I can run SL 10.6 fine off iboot disc, everything but sound works such as sleep, auto sleep, etc... When I go to update to 10.6.5 and use multibeast or DSDT files the computer will not boot from HDD (even when I try to install chameleon) And sometimes I get a white screen on loading into SL. I checked the BIOS version and it says 1502, do I need to flash the BIOS? Also I am running an ATI Radeon HD 5750 graphics card and my screen resolution is stuck on one setting that makes everything huge and stretched out, can someone direct me on how to fix this and get SL running 10.6.5 on 64 bit with the P7P55D mobo? Thank you!

cheers beelzebozo :)...

i also managed to get a dsdt for asus p7p55d bios 1807 without any errors and remarks, i added

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to boot.plist (speedstep in bios is also enabled) and then using smbios.plist from imac 11,1 as explained, but when i remove evoreboot and NullCPUPowermanagement Kext from E/E i always get a KP and need to boot with boot cd to add kexts again...

dsdt is attached maybe somebody could find anything...

Attachments

• DSDT-ASUS-P7P55D_1807_antagon.aml
    59 KB · Views: 103
antagon said:
cheers beelzebozo :)...

i also managed to get a dsdt for asus p7p55d bios 1807 without any errors and remarks, i added

<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to boot.plist (speedstep in bios is also enabled) and then using smbios.plist from imac 11,1 as explained, but when i remove evoreboot and NullCPUPowermanagement Kext from E/E i always get a KP and need to boot with boot cd to add kexts again...

dsdt is attached maybe somebody could find anything...

Try this DSDT http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=6746&start=10

Try using a MacPro smbios.plist file instead either 4,1 or 5,1 and chameleon needs to be at least RC5.

I don't use EvoReboot or NullCPUPowermanagement.kext but now I've been reading on the forum about the Fermi cards and kernel panics so I don't know what's going on. My graphics card is not Fermi so... :( I just ordered a GTX 470 and now am thinking I'm gonna be screwed for now. :think:

i did and sadly system didn´t boot at all (smbios.plist MacPro 4,1 Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r651) :s...

strange... hope to find a solution soon...

I have a P7P55D. I've just noticed this thread for the first time.

What advantages does this DSDT bring over using EasyBeast? Does it enable proper CPU power management (i.e. SpeedStep)? That was the only thing which I never managed to get working on my P7P55D. And I never had a DSDT. Sleep and auto sleep worked fine.

not much so far for me , i tried fix different things with it (hardware recognition, speedstep etc.) but sadly no success, but it prevents random kp during boot for me...

@beelzebozo:

with mentioning the gfx problem with fermi cards you probably pointed me into the right direction i overlooked the thread here totally. Maybe the card was also the problem that i can´t use iboot/-GE/-Legacy for boot...

i ran cinebench in Win7 and in Osx System Win7 gives 42 fps, Osx 23... obviously something is wrong....

FunkTrooper said:
I have a P7P55D. I've just noticed this thread for the first time.

What advantages does this DSDT bring over using EasyBeast? Does it enable proper CPU power management (i.e. SpeedStep)? That was the only thing which I never managed to get working on my P7P55D. And I never had a DSDT. Sleep and auto sleep worked fine.

The DSDT should allow for you to do OS X version updates without killing your install. You shouldn't lose USB functionality, which for me was always an issue. It also enables restart/shutdown and sleep. I'm not sure if my DSDT enables speed stepping; it's something that I haven't tested yet.

I'm curious to know how you got sleep working with the power saving feature. Can you elaborate more on your build? Are you using any other features for sleep?

What did you select in your Bios? What Bios version are you on? Etc, can you provide as much detail as possible?

antagon said:
i ran cinebench in Win7 and in Osx System Win7 gives 42 fps, Osx 23... obviously something is wrong....

So this means you were able to install your Fermi card after stating that you were getting kernel panic?

I think you will generally get better results in Windows because the Open GL support is better overall, so I don't think you did something wrong. I think most people have lower scores with OS X anyway. Windows is better for gaming anyway for now, that's why I dual Boot :thumbup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back