Contribute
Register

P7P55D DSDT EDITING - So Far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very glad to hear you stuck with ASUS... sorry to hear my mobo cant be a test subject for your project. Even so, I want to thank you for your work and Ill be watching to see your progress...good luck.

I got a copy of a bios 1807 DSDT, thanks anyway.

I edited that DSDT tonight; maybe you would like to test it?

I made the same edits to a vanilla 1702 DSDT and tested with my system and it worked so hopefully it will be the same with 1807.

The ASUS update to that 1807 bios was for better memory compatibility, so not much of a difference between 1702 and 1807.

All I have installed with my 1702 DSDT are:

1. Chameleon and fakesmc which are required to boot without iBoot.
2. JMicron eSATA and SATA kexts for drives to show as internal.
3. LNX2MAC's Realtek kext for ethernet.
4. VoodooHDA kext for audio.
5. com.apple.boot.plist = 64 bit Apple Boot Screen
6. smbios.plist = MacPro 5,1 Core i5
7. TonyMac's theme.
8. OS X86 software > all 4 options.
9. System Utilities > both options.

Rename the attachment to DSDT.aml and stick it in /EXTRA.

These are two versions based on bios 1702 and 1807.

Hope it works! :thumbup:

Update: Added a P7P55D-E Pro DSDT bios 1502 if anyone wants to test it.

eradicator006 said:
The new DSDT seems to be working great for me. Sleep, shutdown, restart all work great. Auto sleep doesn't appear to work but I think you are aware of that already.

Thanks

That's great to hear! That means I have 1702 and 1807 DSDTs that work!!! :headbang:

If you're using Chameleon RC5, insert the following code into your com.apple.Boot.plist for native power management.

Code:
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>
        <key>GenerateCStates</key>
        <string>Yes</string>

Yes, auto sleep doesn't work but you can download PleaseSleep to have that type of functionality with this DSDT.

and with that, Can I read single drives over intel controller in raid mode? I dont want to read the arrays, I want to read 2 drives that are in the controller but not in raid.
I have 4 drives, 2 in raid0, and 2 in single mode, but controller are in raid. mac is in jmicron

thanks

thanks for the dsdt beelzebozo

beelzebozo, is speedstep working for you? On mine the cpu speed will drop to 1.4ghz for a split second off and on but never stays throttled back when idle. I am using the power management bootlist code you posted earlier too.

eradicator006 said:
beelzebozo, is speedstep working for you? On mine the cpu speed will drop to 1.4ghz for a split second off and on but never stays throttled back when idle. I am using the power management bootlist code you posted earlier too.

I haven't tested it yet, to be honest, I don't really care about speed step. My system is overclocked anyway all the time.

Plus, I'm booting in 64 bit mode, and I'd have to boot into 32 bit mode to check.

Check this link regarding speed step:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...oard_id=1&model=P7P55D&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

beelzebozo said:
I haven't tested it yet, to be honest, I don't really care about speed step. My system is overclocked anyway all the time.

Plus, I'm booting in 64 bit mode, and I'd have to boot into 32 bit mode to check.

Check this link regarding speed step:

http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx...oard_id=1&model=P7P55D&page=1&SLanguage=en-us

Wish I would've come across that info last night. After lots and lots of trial and error I figured out how to enable speedstep. Without speedstep enabled, I get very low geekbench scores.

What are you overclocked to? I normally run at 3.4ghz. I was able to get up to 4ghz tonight but it wasn't exactly stable. Temp got to almost 90'C with a vcore of 1.4. I'm using an arctic freezer xtreme 2 HSF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back