Contribute
Register

OS X Mavericks cannot be installed on this computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H
CPU
I7-4770K
Graphics
HD 4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
That's the message I get when I attempt to download Mavericks from the App Store. Currently, I have ML 10.8.5 installed. About This MAC shows IMac 12,1 as the model identifier. Any suggestions to solve this issue?

Middleman - thanks for the link references but I already looked at them and they had no applicability to my problem.

I had the same or a similar problem trying to download Mavericks from the store. The solution was changing the system definition to a different one. In my case I changed from Mac 3,1 to iMac 14,2 temporarily. You can find these definitions in Multibeast under "Customize" / "System definitions".

Maybe it will help.
Scatman

Scatman - thanks for the tip. However, using my Mac Book Pro I downloaded Mavericks but haven't yet installed it on my Hackentosh. One quick question - did you install using iMac 14,2?

Yes I did the installation with profile iMac 14,2. After that the reason for changing it back was that the app store tried to install a Thunderbolt update that was not accepted so the update routine tried it again and again and ...

Yes I did the installation with profile iMac 14,2. After that the reason for changing it back was that the app store tried to install a Thunderbolt update that was not accepted so the update routine tried it again and again and ...

Right click to update then choose Hide updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back