Contribute
Register

OS X 10.8.2 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry others are having problems but, apart from a couple of kexts to re-install, everything went fine here.

I'm getting the hang of what's needed these days and 10.8.2 didn't require anything unusual or over-and-above what I'd done before.

The combo update from the Apple website - NOT the software update within Mac App Store etc - installed as expected and restarted.

As previously I just had to re-install the audio kext using Multibeast and then the wi-fi one. After these two simple installs everything was back to normal but with 10.8.2 showing in About This Mac.

I wonder if very unusual components and overclocking are common factors for a failure?

all good here:
Hardware: GA-Z68XP-UD5 + i7 2600K + HD 6850

Downloaded combo from apple and installed it. Reboot.
system halted after reboot. Force shutdown.
boot -x
system booted but only 1 out of 3 display was working and WindowServer was blazing 98% of my processor.
Deleted ATI6000Controller.kext and installed working kext backup from my old 10.8.0/10.8.1.
Re-installed alc889 with Multibeast, rebooted and voilá all 3 displays working and a 15855 score @ http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1059815

Article: OS X 10.8.2 Update

I've lost USB3.0 functionality with this update. Devices show up in the system report, but don't show up as drives on the system.

Attempted update with automatic updater. No dice, had to restore the Sawtooth build with my CCC bootable back-up, I'm now attempting with the combo update and reinstalling Easybeast. Update to follow if there are still any issues.

No worries here... Combo update

Z68X-UD3H-B3
i5 2500k (3.40)
GTX 560 ti

Reinstalled ALC889 to get audio back - no biggie

My config: z77-ds3h, i7 3770, xfx 6870.
I did use combo update. After update couldnt boot in. Got vt-d error. Then disabled vt-d option from bios. can boot after that. Lost audio only. After update, re-run multibeast with only sound option.
Everything seems Ok. No KP.

Same here. Used combo update and could not boot without safe boot from Chimera screen. Disabled vt-d option from bios; used Multibeast to install audio kext. SUCCESS! Booted normally; audio works!

Gigabyte Z77-DS3H 1155
Core i7 3770k
8GB DDR3 1600 MHZ
GTX 550Ti Graphics Card
1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM HDD

Works great here on my Gigabyte X58A UD3R rev 1.0 board + XFX Radeon HD 6870 1GB graphics card. Used the App store updater and ran Multibeast 5.0.2 and checkmarked ALC889.

Airplay has some problems with 10.8.2, it won't turn off!

Z68XP-UD4 + 2600K + HD 6870

So, I deleted the OemSMbios.kext (S/L/E) and my computer boots (eventually - way longer than before) to the desktop. But for some reason, my mouse and keyboard (both USB Logitech) do not work. Has anyone else come across this? This seems to be one of the updates that I'm having the most trouble with. Seems like a good amount of people were lucky!

Gigabyte X58A-UD3R. Lost audio on 10.8.2 update. Tried reinstalling audio codec via multibeast. Still no audio. Tried installing all audio codecs (voodoo as well) via multibeast. Still no audio. Checked to see that onboard audio was still enabled in bios which it was. Really need some help here PLEASE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back