Contribute
Register

Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion [OLD]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New Optimized AppleHDA for Realtek ALC 889 on Lion - Updated

I don't know how to do the steps mentioned here, if anyone can guide me through them I would highly appreciate it, Thanks in advance. :D

0mar32 said:
I don't know how to do the steps mentioned here, if anyone can guide me through them I would highly appreciate it, Thanks in advance. :D
Do you have a dsdt.aml installed?

toleda said:
0mar32 said:
Do you have a dsdt.aml installed?

Yes I do.

But it seems I was stupid enough to not recognize that my mobo has VIA chipset not Realtek! Sorry for your trouble :D

PLEASE IGNORE FOUND THREAD WITH 3 PORTS

This is my first venture into building my first Hackintosh and any help would be appreciated. Am using a GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard and am trying to get 5.1 sound via analogue. I've installed the Kext correctly, entered the midi utility and created a 5.1 profile using the 3 Line Outs.

Now this is were the problems start during the sound test i can only get sound through the front speakers. the surrounds,subwoofer and centre speaker don't work. They do all work correctly under windows 7 so i know they are set up properly.

I've a feeling, but am not sure of this because am new to Hackintosh that it's the implementation of the sound on the motherboard. It only has 3 mini jacks on the back and when setting it up in windows 7 the software auto sensed the input and gave me the option to select what purpose it was for. So am guessing the driver/kext is getting confused/not recognising that it needs to switch it to line out and thats why am hearing no sound.

if this is the case is there a fix for it , i have read the forums but come up with nothing.

Any feedback welcome

toleda said:
snoop85 said:
i just updated to 10.7.3. I cant get audio working :(
Attach a copy of IOReg.

attached

Attachments

• AnoopHP.ioreg.txt
    176.9 KB · Views: 195

I'm pleased to say the Toleda kext installed and rebooted perfectly. All sound options are now available and the output is clearer than before.

I'm not able to test every permutation of front/back/digital/analog but so far everything is good and solid.

Thanks for all the hard work Toleda - it is much appreciated.

Toleda,
Something funky is going on my Hackintosh. I've been down for several days due to...well, not really sure what the issue was, but I couldn't boot into OSX. I finally got up and running again, but now my sound isn't working. I've been using your kext since you first put it out and it's worked fine for me. Now, it doesn't show any devices in system preferences. I've tried reinstalling using KextBeast and no dice. I booted into Win7 and it works fine.

Attached is my IOreg file

Attachments

• mymacpro.zip
    413.2 KB · Views: 97
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back