Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Launches Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti Launches Today

For my own information, is there any way to get this card and a ATI 5870 working in the same system?

-Alex-

To answer my own question, yes, you can put a 5870 with a GTX 660Ti into the same setup. Both are recognized and used. With the 2gb Eyefinity 5870 I get up to 8 displays (!) between it and the 660ti.

To answer my own question, yes, you can put a 5870 with a GTX 660Ti into the same setup. Both are recognized and used. With the 2gb Eyefinity 5870 I get up to 8 displays (!) between it and the 660ti.

Is it just the EVGA card that has issues ? I'm probably going to go for a PNY or Gainward Reference design card and I was wondering whether or not that would work better than a custom pcb card ?

http://www.cdiscount.com/informatiq...vidia/geforce-gtx-660-ti-new/l-107670341.html

It's the same for all of the cards, at least until Nvidia releases some kind of driver update, or Apple implements better support.

Asus is apparently the best so far according to the reviews I've read.

I have the generic nvidia 660ti, same look as the PNY, and I can't here it at all. Even when I am ripping a blue ray using CUDA, nothing.

I also activated the Intel HD Graphics 4000 on my Ivy Bridge Core I7. After a fresh install of ML, all seems to be well. FCPX is working fine now with all the effects and Diablo III runs fine. Overall seems like a good bit of work to get the right combo with 660ti. If you have the Intel Graphics 4000 on board your chip/motherboard set, then activating it will give you the extra monitor that the 660 should have. Likewise you are going to get compatibility with some issues that might otherwise prevent the 660 from being useful in you system.

-Alex-

I also activated the Intel HD Graphics 4000 on my Ivy Bridge Core I7. After a fresh install of ML, all seems to be well. FCPX is working fine now with all the effects and Diablo III runs fine. Overall seems like a good bit of work to get the right combo with 660ti. If you have the Intel Graphics 4000 on board your chip/motherboard set, then activating it will give you the extra monitor that the 660 should have. Likewise you are going to get compatibility with some issues that might otherwise prevent the 660 from being useful in you system.

-Alex-

So
1) How do I enable HD 4000 and how does it fix the final cut pro x kinks ?
2) If i'm installing it in a new machine I just built (no previous install), are there any special procedures to follow ?
3) Has anyone tried any Steam Games such as Portal 2 on OS X (I assume it uses OpenGL) ?
4) I assume that dual DVI displays are ok ? 1 x 1680x1050 & 1 x 1280x768 ?

Thanks !

-Alex-
Activating integrated gfx sure gives that extra display but rendering multi-screen openGL scenes across the 660ti and HD4000 will result in dramatic framerates. Totally negates the use of an advanced card like the 660ti. If you don't need that it might be fine.

Btw, I'm not interested in it for gaming (that's just a secondary concern ;)). I make audiovisual artworks with multiple projectors, rendering gfx in realtime openGL. Intention is to put a Triplehead2go on each output to triple the display count...

The MSI card is on sale for $279 today (9/15/2012) at Fry's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back