Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Club 3D GTS 450. I injected my Graphics card information into my DSDT successfully (I think) but the issue persists. Anyone else experiencing this?

It does not matter how you inject he graphic card information to the system, because all this problems that we are experiencing are caused by the GeForce drivers.
So, the only solutions here are that someone "patch" this drivers, or maybe the Lion drivers to load properly on Mountain Lion, or wait and hope that Nvidia/Apple update the GeForce drivers adding full support for this kind of graphic cards again.

It does not matter how you inject he graphic card information to the system, because all this problems that we are experiencing are caused by the GeForce drivers.
So, the only solutions here are that someone "patch" this drivers, or maybe the Lion drivers to load properly on Mountain Lion, or wait and hope that Nvidia/Apple update the GeForce drivers adding full support for this kind of graphic cards again.

Finally a useful & truth comment! well done!

cheers

here are the kext.. and also remember.. before installing anything from unibeast.. remove the respected kext from ur unibeast drive and then do a fresh install.. after that.. install this kext using kextbeast...

Note : delete the kext that i am sending ....

secondly i have a video here.. do see it..

http://youtu.be/MBMAipAyolQ

do see my video of installation

http://youtu.be/GtEIpoyOqSg

hi aijaz,
Can you please tell me what changes have been made in the kexts that you uploaded?

guys in safe mode wake/sleep works excellently..

Okay thank you for the reply. Seeing that sleep does work in safe mode would it not possible to maybe do a workaround without patching the drivers?

Okay thank you for the reply. Seeing that sleep does work in safe mode would it not possible to maybe do a workaround without patching the drivers?

dont know. As this card is good for gaming though. Well i think i will swap my card.... ( should start arranging money for that )

dont know. As this card is good for gaming though. Well i think i will swap my card.... ( should start arranging money for that )

I recommend the GTX 680, It's a Killer Graphics Card.

In Safe Mode all works fine, except of course for the 3D support, like acceleration in games for example. That's because safe mode does not load GeForce drivers. It's the same as if you remove GeForce kext from the extensions folder and boot the system normally. So obviously that's not a solution. We need updated or patched GeForce drivers, it's the only solution for this that do not involve changing the graphic card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back