Contribute
Register

Nvidia 550Ti Sleep / Wake / Freeze Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, reporting back.
Kexts installed, and guess what? Nothing solved. In fact, with that kexts I can't even rebuild the system extensions cache, because I receive an error on kext utility and using a terminal command too. That only happens with a bad kext.
I have booted the system without rebuilding the cache, just to test the kexts, and the problem is still the same, artifacts on screen, and system unusable.

So how its going with u my friend ?

for me sleep/wake doesn't work... i can run apps full screen..
i have edited a lot of videos and photos.. nothing that shows me it freezes..

I've skimmed through a lot of this thread and I didn't see anyone trying pure DSDT edits for enabling their GFX cards. In case anyone is wondering that doesn't work either. I have both the 550Ti and an older Quadro 3700 both enabled via DSDT and the 550Ti is definitely wonky. The 550Ti is going back tomorrow.

I realy would love to give a try with DSDT edit, but i have no idea how it works!

Attachments

• kdawg-X58A-UD5-dsdt.dsl.zip
    15.3 KB · Views: 93
Here you go. Feel free.

thanks, but what should i do with that file? and why it is ".dsl" and not ".aml"
Do i need to rename it?

As i said: i have no idea how to use it.

Thanks anyway.

thanks, but what should i do with that file? and why it is ".dsl" and not ".aml"
Do i need to rename it?

As i said: i have no idea how to use it.

Thanks anyway.

Maybe someone else will find it beneficial. For those who don't want to rely on the bootloader for graphics injection.

So how its going with u my friend ?

for me sleep/wake doesn't work... i can run apps full screen..
i have edited a lot of videos and photos.. nothing that shows me it freezes..

Hi Aijaz.
Yes, I did a fresh install on another disk. Same results.
I can run apps full screen, that's not a problem. Also, I can edit photos and videos too. I can watch youtube videos and go fullscreen, and even I can wath dvds and blurays using BluRay Player app, BUT all games that goes fullscreen hangs at start, or works great but hangs when I exit the game. Also, the system shows garbage graphics or a blue screen when I open apps or games that change the resolution. That same bluescreen or garbage graphics shows when I turn off and back on my monitor. And that same error appears if I try to use Unigine Heaven in fullscreen.
If I remove Geforce.kext, and restart the system, all the problems gone, BUT obviously I can not run games, can not watch movies or any kind of videos, and the system runs slow with choppy animations (launchpad for example).
I think I will try with another card. I have a 9600GT 512mb. It's older than this one, but maybe it works fine. The 550 ti really does not work fine.

EDIT: The 9600GT works great, I did not need to modify anything. I still want my 550ti, because it's a better card, but for now I will be using the 9600GT and following this thread with interest.

Hi Aijaz.
Yes, I did a fresh install on another disk. Same results.
I can run apps full screen, that's not a problem. Also, I can edit photos and videos too. I can watch youtube videos and go fullscreen, and even I can wath dvds and blurays using BluRay Player app, BUT all games that goes fullscreen hangs at start, or works great but hangs when I exit the game. Also, the system shows garbage graphics or a blue screen when I open apps or games that change the resolution. That same bluescreen or garbage graphics shows when I turn off and back on my monitor. And that same error appears if I try to use Unigine Heaven in fullscreen.
If I remove Geforce.kext, and restart the system, all the problems gone, BUT obviously I can not run games, can not watch movies or any kind of videos, and the system runs slow with choppy animations (launchpad for example).
I think I will try with another card. I have a 9600GT 512mb. It's older than this one, but maybe it works fine. The 550 ti really does not work fine.

EDIT: The 9600GT works great, I did not need to modify anything. I still want my 550ti, because it's a better card, but for now I will be using the 9600GT and following this thread with interest.

Problem for me is playing games on full screen.. this happens only when i play games through parallels.. and the second ting is running the unigine heaven in fullscreen.. its not coming for me.. YES i agree with this point.. apart from this two.. i dont get any issues.. Like i play games an hour or 2 in daytime.. So this isnt a problem for me. But Freezes and other things.. i am not getting any issues till now... and have used this graphic card for 3 weeks now.. my motherboard is Intel DH77EB....

Oh man! You guys do not get it at all.:banghead: This does not 'fix' a thing! It breaks the Nvidia drivers completely. The Lion GeForce kext cannot work in Mountain Lion , as Apple have made a huge change to the way the Nvidia drivers operate. I have said this 3-4 times on this thread already... Mountain Lion cannot load this kext and so doing, DISABLES ALL NVIDIA DRIVERS. That is why not only OpenCL is missing, but QE / CI is missing too. QE / CI is what all versions of OSX use to display GUI effects such as DashBoard ripple effect, Transparent Menu Bar & Launchpad. OpenCL is for graphics acceleration in pretty much the same way as OpenGL which will also not work with this kext.

Keep fighting the good fight Katiebug! Not far in to this thread and the "video card compatibility list" thread I gave up on trying to correct anyone. The GT430 is still listed in the "compatibility list" based on my post that it boots but has serious issues. :banghead:

I have a Club 3D GTS 450. I injected my Graphics card information into my DSDT successfully (I think) but the issue persists. Anyone else experiencing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back