Contribute
Register

Notice for Gigabyte's Z77, H77, B75 motherboards and UEFI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I partition the USB using the MS-DOS (FAT) format or the Mac OS Extended Journaled?

Sorry, I know i'm a noob.

For anybody who needs to update the BIOS to UEFI (I didn't have to, but wanted to on my z68xp-ud3p), any of the "F_" bios revisions wouldn't work for updating the BIOS through qflash - I had to create a bootable USB drive and put files on that...

I tried it your way but was unable to get my BIOS to recognize the bootable USB DOS drive I made. So I figured that if my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard still had Q-Flash built in and it shipped with a "F_" version BIOS already installed then Q-Flash might still work. I mean wouldn't they remove Q-Flash if it no longer worked with their BIOS versions?

So I got a second USB stick with just the update file on it and tried installing through Q-Flash. There was no problem, and after a few heart stopping moments when the system restarted by itself about five times in a row with nothing on the monitor the Gigabyte logo appeared. I hit delete and the BIOS screen came up and it was version F9.

I "for some reason" have the Q77 because it was in the 2012 Buyers Guide, and it seemed to fit my needs best. This post suggests the buyers guide isn't a good enough reason to get the board. Sooooo, did I make a mistake following the guide?

well ask yourself, has it done the job that it was intended for, as in is your hackintosh fully functioning?

So far no, as this is my first build, and I'm still learning what does what. I still can't get it to sleep and wake properly. I think it's reasonable to expect the information the guide contains to match the information a sticky on the forum contains.

Are you sure you have installed the correct multibeast settings and is that the only issue you have, sleep/wake? or is there anything else

I have a bootable 10.8.2 install, and most everything else seems to be running fine. I haven't come across info for a method to actually test all functionality. I do know my USB 3 is not hot-swappable, and the system IDs as MacPro3,1. But this all seems like a discussion for other threads. My point is the Buyers Guide should match the sticky for this thread in terms of continuity and making things least confusing for new builders.

Yeah your right I am going off topic, I do that sometimes.:rolleyes:

If you are referring to what thelostswede wrote on the original post "as well as the Q77 if someone for some reason owns one". I believe he is just implying that there are other boards out there with more components and features and that are also cheaper then the Q77 from most retailers. It is still a suitable board to build a hackintosh on, if it fits your needs and you got a good deal on it then Great.:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back