Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont't work... I don't know what i do wrong . ;(

I am doing a simular build but I keep getting "still waiting for root device". Do you know the fix for this.
The Fix for this was using the F_USB1 to install.
but now I am stuck at a white screen.

Hi, Man.
congrats for the monster. I would like to know which model is the Trendnet USB WIFI N Dongle you are using. Amazon Link is wrong. Is it running ok?. Im waiting for my hack (almost like yours) and thinking in which wifi adapter I could use it.
Thanks!!

I'm sorry in advance for this ultimate newb question, but I can't seem to figure out the overclock process. Same board, same processor. Successful POST. Seems to be a completely successful build. Currently running at stock 3.2ghz.

I want to overclock, but nowhere am I able to adjust the BCLK. I can select the CPU/PCIe Base Clock item in the BIOS, but I can't adjust it. Auto is my only option.

In the Advanced CPU Core Features, I've tried turning on/off Intel (R) Turbo Boost Technology. No dice. No effect.

I've reviewed SIN0822's guide to overclocking, but again, I can't seem to adjust the BCLK.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello there.

I have a similar build, but I can't get around at the installation booting issue.

I get the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement timed out error at installation boot, and I can't figure it out.

I am using the latest unibeast from the download..

I tried this flag..

-x -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x3000 cpus=1

and any variation thereof.

I have 3930k CPU, Gigabytes motherboard (X79-UD3), and NVidia GTX 660.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi, Man.
congrats for the monster. I would like to know which model is the Trendnet USB WIFI N Dongle you are using. Amazon Link is wrong. Is it running ok?. Im waiting for my hack (almost like yours) and thinking in which wifi adapter I could use it.
Thanks!!

Geekbench without Overclocking: 18725!!

Attachments

• GEEKBENCH.tiff
    571.2 KB · Views: 235
Hi, Nice neat guide. I have a machine very similar to yours and just in case you are still using Final Cut 7 (if at all) don't update yeat to 10.8.3, it will make it impossible to enable any kind of audio device and run FCP without freezing at the same time. Had to reload my whole system back to 10.8.2, just thought I'd put that out there.

Hi, Nice neat guide. I have a machine very similar to yours and just in case you are still using Final Cut 7 (if at all) don't update yeat to 10.8.3, it will make it impossible to enable any kind of audio device and run FCP without freezing at the same time. Had to reload my whole system back to 10.8.2, just thought I'd put that out there.

Thanks for this warning mate!
But can you be more specific about the "audio device" thing?
I am asking you because i am running 10.8.3 with FCP7 without any issue.

Thanks
Stavros

great guide.

I would like to know if you got your sas controller to work?

I have two hard drives plugged in, detected in bios and windows, but a no show in mac os.

uppp!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back