Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

i have the same MB and CPU as you with a GTX 660ti. i followed your steps and finally got my machine to work. However, i find that my ethernet ports dont work. i was wondering if you had any similar effects while you build your machine, if so, how did you resolve it?

thanks for your help. Great guide. A+
-m

Hi all,
and me the proc normaly go up and down at 1.20 at 4.30, and now 1,16 at 4.26ghz
why?

Thank you

thanks for a great guide! Had exactly the same gear and after a few problems and searching the forum found your guide and it was straight forward and easy install. Thanks again and thanks to everybody who contributes to this community :)

Hello there!
I have the exact same hardware but with less ram (i have16gb).
I wanted to tell you that I THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!
This is my first Hackintosh built and its working PERFECT!!!
Your guide made all the process to look very very easy!
Thank you and everyone who shares knowledge through this forum! :headbang:

Stavros

Sorry all, things have been crazy the last month. Hopefully some of you have found your answers already.

Gang,

See MacMan's article on the Two weeks ago I put together my hackintosh with exactly the same hardware as yours.It works great! Also thanks to your guide!

But now I'm struggling with the overclocking proces. I was wondering if maybe you could share some settings from your bios to achieve the 4,5ghz? I use this machine mostly for 3D rendering and after effects.

I have searched a lot on the internet but didn't found a "perfect" guide. The problem is now that even if I set the multiplier to 45 or 47 or ... the CPU speed won't go higher then 4,2ghz. I used CPUZ in windows 8. In ML it shows up as a 3.8ghz, but thats maybe because it is a hackintosh? The geekbench benchmarks are higher then when it was stock.

Maybe it's because certain settings should be disabled/enabled, I really don't know what it could be.

Thanks a lot!
Toon

The guide I linked to is pretty perfect, but a bit info heavy. You may be looking for the down and dirty guide lol. Did you adjust your vcore? You didn't mention it in your post. Once you raise your Multiplier you have to raise your vcore. You really don't have to do much with this board. It overclocks well by just adjusting the multiplier and vcore. I was able to hit 4.5ghz @1.390 vcore without touching anything else. Understand all CPUs are different. So you may have different results with the same settings. You will have to play around with it. If I were planning on running at 4.5ghz 24/7 I would probably try and mess with the other settings like OFFSET to try and achieve a lower vcore. However 1.390 vcore is still well under the limit of this CPU. I think around 1.5 is the max but I wouldn't want to go over 1.4 too much simply because I am conscious about CPU wear. Keep reading the Overclocking guide I linked to, the board they used is similar to this one.

As far as settings. The only thing I disable specifically when I overclock this board is Intel Turbo Boost. EIST should already be disabled. I left all other power states enabled with no adverse effect. "About this MAC" says 4.2 ghz. If I disable the other power states C1-C2 etc, it says 3.8ghz, regardless of what it runs at. Not sure why or if there is any affect on the system.

Congratulations on your success nodnarb!

I have a very similar build as yours, same CPU but using the older UD5 motherboard. I'm just wondering if you could shed some light about step 3 in your guide. Why is this step required? is it a consequence of the motherboard used? or some other factor?

I only ask because I didn't require this with my setup, I'd love to understand why you did?

Which part exactly? There are two step 3's. If it's about the VoodooTSCSync.kext, then this is to get around using cpus=1. So installing this kext will allow you to use all six cores. When using cpus=1 only 1 core will run. Without this file my geekbench score was 5500 or something.

Hi I have almost the same stup and am getting hung at BootCache error. I assume it isnt finding the Sata SSD drive attached. I have tried in many of the ports including the SAS ones to no avail. Boot Flags seem not to work and I even swapped out video cards.

Which SATA ports did you use?

Did you disable anything in your Bios?

What version of BIOS did you use (I am on F3)

Which PCI slot did you put your card in?

How much ram did you have in when you configured the system.

Thank you for any help you can offer..
:banghead:

I am using the white SATA ports 0 and 1, closest to the power connector. In BIOS I have Boot Priority set to The SSD with Mountain Lion. And my second SSD with Windows shows up in Chimera.

Great Build! Thanks for the guide. I was able to use it to bring up my X79-UD5 - i7-3930k - HD-6870 build. Without your guide I would still be stuck.

After a bunch of testing everything seems to be working including the optical audio port.

To get my build to work I had to make some changes, different boot flags, different settings in MultiBeast ML and I had to edit the Org.Chamelion.Boot.Plist as a final step, otherwise I followed your guide to the letter.

I am currently putting together a Build post and would like your permission to reference the kext files you used and provide links, specifically; the 'VoodooTSCSync.kext', the USB 3.0 fix kext and the 'Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA'.

Once again great guide.

Gofer it. But Just a heads up IIRC there are a lot of guides for that board and CPU already.

Hi there,

i have the same MB and CPU as you with a GTX 660ti. i followed your steps and finally got my machine to work. However, i find that my ethernet ports dont work. i was wondering if you had any similar effects while you build your machine, if so, how did you resolve it?

thanks for your help. Great guide. A+
-m

The intel lan port works OOTB but then I also installed Hnaks AppleIntel kext in Multibeast to get it fully working.. I'm not using the other port.

Hi all,
and me the proc normaly go up and down at 1.20 at 4.30, and now 1,16 at 4.26ghz
why?

Thank you

Are you overclocking? Or stock? If you are overclocking look at my reply to Toon. If you are overclocking make sure you disable Intel Turbo Boost.

thanks for a great guide! Had exactly the same gear and after a few problems and searching the forum found your guide and it was straight forward and easy install. Thanks again and thanks to everybody who contributes to this community :)

Hello there!
I have the exact same hardware but with less ram (i have16gb).
I wanted to tell you that I THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!!!
This is my first Hackintosh built and its working PERFECT!!!
Your guide made all the process to look very very easy!
Thank you and everyone who shares knowledge through this forum! :headbang:

Stavros

Great build! Help calm the nerves of building a X79 chipset machine.

Thanks a lot guys! I am glad you found it helpful.

Hi,

I have some problems, after installation Combo Update 10.8.2, VoodooTSCSync.kext and run OSx from the disk I have a Kernel Panic . Maybe I have to install nullcpupowermangament.kext ? Please help .

...I have some problems, after installation Combo Update 10.8.2...
Don't you mean "Combo Update 10.8.3?" If you are using the Combo Update 10.8.2, don't - use the Combo Update for 10.8.3. :thumbup:

I try both but is the same situation, I install voodooTSCSync.kext and when i try start from disk KP . I try install nullcpupowermangament.kext but after install i have to use cpus=1 flag and i get low geekbench score . Next problem is with audio I install AudioHDA.kext and multibeast ALC898 but still no sound from all input. : /

i get "Unsupported CPU: family..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back