Contribute
Register

(NEW) (SUCCESS) Dingleberry's Content Creator Build | GA-X79S-UP5 X79/C606 | i7-3930k | 32gb | GTX67

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you please add cinebench results for your gpu ? thanks.

Great build! I have chosen 2400MHz for my Hackintosh build, will I have to create an XMP profile for that or is it totally incompatible, or can it work out of the box?

Gang,

See MacMan's article on the [url="http://www.tonymacx86.com/343-os-x-10-8-3-nvidia-6xx-opencl-benchmarks.html]OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks[/url] issues.

thanks for the guide. I ended up picking up this motherboard after having no luck with the ASRock Extreme4. It's been finicky but I'm pretty close to golden. I have a couple showstopping issues though and I was hoping you could help. I can't seem to run my OWC Mercury Elite 6GB off of the internal SATA3 port. It crashes trying to boot up when loading my Steermouse mouse driver. I also have to boot up with USBBusFix=Yes or I will get a hang on the USB stuff too. Unfortunately, this seems to affect my V-Ray for Maya dongle and I can't get it to load properly. Is there a USB fix I should be installing for this motherboard? I'm only using the USB2 ports.

also, as soon as I try and increase the CPU multiplier to 42, the system just doesn't work well. I've run it at 4.5GHz in Linux and Windows, so is this a problem with the motherboard or should I configure something else?

I'm not sure about your USB problem you're having. I will see if I can reproduce the issue.

As far as your Overclocking issues. Did you adjust your vcore to compliment you raising the multiplier? You must raise your vcore when you raise your Multiplier. You will have to fiddle around with your vcore and keep testing it with software like Prime95 to get it working stable.

You say you had it running at 4.5ghz in windows. I imagine you must have raised your vcore or you would have certainly received BSOD's. If you didn't get any BSOD's and didn't raise your vcore, it may only seem to be stable. Run Prime95 after you make each change to either your Multiplier or vcore, to be sure it is running stable.

Sweet!!! :headbang:

Adding it to the guide...thanks.

can you please add cinebench results for your gpu ? thanks.

I'll see what I can do.

Great build! I have chosen 2400MHz for my Hackintosh build, will I have to create an XMP profile for that or is it totally incompatible, or can it work out of the box?

Thanks!! Actually the XMP Profiles are on the RAM. When you go into BIOS the proper ones to use should be available. If that doesn't work you may have to enter in the RAM specs manually.

Great built man!

Many many thanks! I've ordered the exact same hardware a week ago and i will receive them at the 4th of April.
I was wondering if there was someone with the same built so i could use some help and found your post!

I hope i could ask you some questions during my build as i think i could need help...

Many thanks again
Skurias :thumbup:

You're very welcome. Sure let me know if you need anything clarified.

Ah. Thanks! Hope I can run 2400MHz on OS X! :D

Two weeks ago I put together my hackintosh with exactly the same hardware as yours.It works great! Also thanks to your guide!

But now I'm struggling with the overclocking proces. I was wondering if maybe you could share some settings from your bios to achieve the 4,5ghz? I use this machine mostly for 3D rendering and after effects.

I have searched a lot on the internet but didn't found a "perfect" guide. The problem is now that even if I set the multiplier to 45 or 47 or ... the CPU speed won't go higher then 4,2ghz. I used CPUZ in windows 8. In ML it shows up as a 3.8ghz, but thats maybe because it is a hackintosh? The geekbench benchmarks are higher then when it was stock.

Maybe it's because certain settings should be disabled/enabled, I really don't know what it could be.

Thanks a lot!
Toon

Congratulations on your success nodnarb!

I have a very similar build as yours, same CPU but using the older UD5 motherboard. I'm just wondering if you could shed some light about step 3 in your guide. Why is this step required? is it a consequence of the motherboard used? or some other factor?

I only ask because I didn't require this with my setup, I'd love to understand why you did?

Hi I have almost the same stup and am getting hung at BootCache error. I assume it isnt finding the Sata SSD drive attached. I have tried in many of the ports including the SAS ones to no avail. Boot Flags seem not to work and I even swapped out video cards.

Which SATA ports did you use?

Did you disable anything in your Bios?

What version of BIOS did you use (I am on F3)

Which PCI slot did you put your card in?

How much ram did you have in when you configured the system.

Thank you for any help you can offer..
:banghead:

Great Build! Thanks for the guide. I was able to use it to bring up my X79-UD5 - i7-3930k - HD-6870 build. Without your guide I would still be stuck.

After a bunch of testing everything seems to be working including the optical audio port.

To get my build to work I had to make some changes, different boot flags, different settings in MultiBeast ML and I had to edit the Org.Chamelion.Boot.Plist as a final step, otherwise I followed your guide to the letter.

I am currently putting together a Build post and would like your permission to reference the kext files you used and provide links, specifically; the 'VoodooTSCSync.kext', the USB 3.0 fix kext and the 'Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA'.

Once again great guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back