Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh! Intel Core i7-3770K / GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reformatted drive (hoping for clean install of ML -- this wasn't clear in the guide whether to install at boot or from OS). USB Drive is not recognized without iBoot Legacy, and doesn't show up in iBoot boot screen. Now I will try the old method of installing SL, updating to 10.6.6, and then installing ML from within OX 10.6.6 SL.

Steps:

iBoot, SL Installer DVD, Disk Utility, Create 2 GUID partitions, 500.10 GB each, install SL, restart, Combo Update to 10.6.6, EasyBeast, restart.
The above steps are solid, since I've done them before.

Next steps: boot in SL, try installing via USB from within SL. Please stand by. :)

Installed SL from DVD, restarted, and UniBeast boot screen appeared. I tried booting to UniBeast, got the Apple Logo with spinning wheel, and then got a slash through the Apple Logo. Going to continue with original plan of installing ML from within SL.

OK, I can get it to see the UniBeast USB, but won't install. hangs on Apple logo with a slash.

When I enter BIOS setup, there is no option to boot from USB. Only SATA PS: Optiarc DVD RW, and something called "PO: ST1000DM003-9YN162". What am I doing wrong here?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
(THANKS in advance)

Reformatted my USB, and reinstalled UniBeast/ML. Working now. Updates coming shortly!

Update: I am writing this post from my Hackintosh! Lots of work to do still (like running MultiBeast, adding drives and Graphics card, etc.), but happy to have made it this far!

The problem: after installing ML, running MultiBeast, installing Chimera, restarting, using Terminal (in UniBeast installer) to fix the boot0 error, and restarting again, I have no Ethernet. Tried MultiBeast to add standard Realtek Ethernet driver, but still no love. I'm hesitant to install lnx2mac's driver, because it says OS 10.6x and 10.7x only.

Any suggestions?

The problem: after installing ML, running MultiBeast, installing Chimera, restarting, using Terminal (in UniBeast installer) to fix the boot0 error, and restarting again, I have no Ethernet. Tried MultiBeast to add standard Realtek Ethernet driver, but still no love. I'm hesitant to install lnx2mac's driver, because it says OS 10.6x and 10.7x only.

Any suggestions?

OK- The multiple posts are a bit too much. You should probably have edited one post with your updates; we don't need to see new posts for every single step that you've taken.

2nd, you need to learn about your motherboard a little more. Look at the specs: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4279#sp

Nowhere does it say that your LAN is Realtek so what you've installed won't work. You will probably need to install the Intel network option from MultiBeast.

Thanks for the comments guys, and thanks for your patience. Sorry about the too many posts. In the future I will edit one post.

Ok, I remembered reading somewhere that ALL Giga mobos use the Realtek LAN. Must have misread or misremembered.

This new guide is awesome! Gonna keep working at it until it's right....

Thanks again for all your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back