Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh! Intel Core i7-3770K / GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I managed to install Snow Leopard 10.6, then applied the Combo Update 10.6.6 and EasyBeast (all the most basic options, with System Utilities), then restarted successfully with iBoot (gonna deal with the boot0 error later).

Now, I can open the App Store, but I get this message: We could not complete your purchase. OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion requires a Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7 or Xeon processor.

Of course, I'm running the i7. I'm probably missing something obvious here....

Suggestions?

aTdHvAaNnKcSe
(THANKS in advance)

Cuz Snowleopard not support ivybridge so it will not show up in system profile , u need to download ML from another hack or mac (snowleopard 10.6.6+)

If this is true, then why all the guides for installing SL and then upgrading to ML on the same Mac?!?

If I had known that in the first place, I wouldn't have wasted all this time figuring out SL, and would have spent that time instead trying to find someone with a Mac that supports ML.

:beachball:

If this is true, then why all the guides for installing SL and then upgrading to ML on the same Mac?!?

If I had known that in the first place, I wouldn't have wasted all this time figuring out SL, and would have spent that time instead trying to find someone with a Mac that supports ML.

:beachball:

yes thats true but u need fully funcation system 10.6.6+ and ur system not fully support snowleopard , just try to create unibeast ML usb from other Mac or hack with fullyyyyyyy support 10.6.6+ > 10.8

iNews, thanks for your advice. I will start asking around for a friend with supported Mac. :)

FYI, my 2008 MacBook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.8) will not buy ML either. App Store sez: "We could not complete your purchase. OS X Mountain Lion is not compatible with this computer."

iNews, thanks for your advice. I will start asking around for a friend with supported Mac. :)

FYI, my 2008 MacBook Pro (Intel Core 2 Duo, OS X 10.6.8) will not buy ML either. App Store sez: "We could not complete your purchase. OS X Mountain Lion is not compatible with this computer."

well , :)

Got to love Apple and their stupid automatic checks/policies...

Update: So, I got a hold of a supported Mac, purchased ML, and now I'm running UniBeast 1.5.3. Excited about this, so I will post my progress as I go, hopefully for the benefit of other impatient OCD/ADD newbs like me....

First off, directly from download, installer won't let me install ML onto the USB (yellow warning triangle), with a warning that ML has to be installed on the system running OS X. I can get around this issue by moving the UniBeast app to a different location (e.g. from Downloads folder to Applications folder). Is this a known issue?

Next, it seems to hang for a long time on "Running package scripts...", with "Install time remaining: About a minute". Actually, I'm still here, watching the install progress bar slowly make its way to the right. Hoping this is normal. :clap: Actually, I'm seeing the free space on USB drive going down (veeeery slowly), so this is a good sign. I will post again later, when (assuming UniBeast does its job) I begin the official install.

Got to love Apple and their stupid automatic checks/policies...

Well, we do all seem to love Apple enough to want to install their awesome awesome OS on our PC's. That said, it would be nice if they made it a little easier to buy a legit copy of their software!

I mean, what if I just wanted an OS X 10.8 ML USB drive to hang from a silver chain around my neck? Here's 20 bucks for the drive, and another 20 for the chain. No? :)

OK, I lied about posting later. I seem to be posting now. Two more things:

One, I found this Apple Support doc that definitively explains which comps can install ML. My old MBP was purchased in 2008, but it was a 2,2 system (bought it as a refurb), so that explains why I couldn't buy ML on it.

Noobs, you can find your computer's Model Identifier by going Apple menu -> About this Mac -> More Info... and look for Model Identifier (under Hardware, near the top), e.g. "MacPro3,1"

Two, UniBeast successfully installed ML onto my UniBeast USB drive! Hooray! I'm at work until this afternoon, and will re-format my new drive and begin installing when I get home.

Just tried installing via UniBeast USB, and got "EBIOS read error: Device timeout", various blocks....

Going to reformat HD and try again momentarily. 2 questions:

1. In ML, is it still important to have under 1 TB drive?
2. Is it important to have 4GB RAM? I have an 8 GB stick. How to force 4GB?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back