Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh - Installation Issues (i5 4690k, GA-Z97X, gtx 780)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SMBIOS seems quiet basic
Code:
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
    <key>SMfamily</key>
    <string>iMac</string>
    <key>SMproductname</key>
    <string>iMac14,1</string>
    <key>SMboardproduct</key>
    <string>Mac-031B6874CF7F642A</string>
    <key>SMserial</key>
    <string>C02P37BMFLHH</string>
    <key>SMbiosversion</key>
    <string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

but as it show improper values in BIOS too I don't think it's smbios related :). Is that related to the fact mine is a non K processor ? :cry:

It's hard for me to say. I will note that my smbios has my machine as an iMac 14,2. I checked online and the 14,2 is designed to use Intel Core i5 (4570, 4670), while the 14,1 Intel Core i5 (4570R, 4570S). I'm not exactly sure what the difference is.

You may also wish to check you bios settings. Check the bus speeds, etc. It could also be that the 'turbo boost' functionality is what is doing it. If power management is not working, the CPU may be defaulting to its highest speed. Of course, I'm just guessing here.

Thanks for helping me. iMac 14,1 was the definition that allowed me to have handsoff capability and prevented flash from crashing everytime. In 14,2 and 15,1 flash was crashing all the time.

Turbo boost should be 3,9Ghz if it was turbo boost speed. But the speed displayed should be non-turbo, right ? Also, I don't understand because I thought that to have your processor recognised properly, you should not tweak anything in BIOS, am I right ? Nevertheless I tried some tweaks but this was not giving proper speed, just a higher one (more like turbo boost one, 3,89Ghz).

Thanks again for any help provided in answer to those questions ;)

try booting into Mac with your integrated graphics then you run the Nvidia web drivers then it should boot
then you choose to use your gpu then it should work flaw less i have similar rig only i have a R9 280x but i used a GTX 660 before then i returned it because it didn't got enough horse power for me :)

try booting into Mac with your integrated graphics then you run the Nvidia web drivers then it should boot
then you choose to use your gpu then it should work flaw less i have similar rig only i have a R9 280x but i used a GTX 660 before then i returned it because it didn't got enough horse power for me :)

I'm sorry, but I really don't understand what are you answering to ? :) What you explain don't seem relevant to the problem, but I really can miss something as I'm no an expert at all :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back