Contribute
Register

My first Hackintosh - Installation Issues (i5 4690k, GA-Z97X, gtx 780)

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing you might want to consider is your memory. If you are seeing stability issues your system memory could be a cause. I've seen a few posts from people with z97 boards regarding memory related compatibility problems. (That and my very first Hackintosh build had such an issue from the bios default RAM voltage being set too low. It took me a couple months to figure out that was why my computer was crashing sporadically, particularly when I put it under load.)

Does your motherboard use the F3 bios?

My mobo uses the F2 BIOS, but it doesn't matter! I followed your comment about disabling the onboard graphics, tried to boot and voila I am finally into my Mavericks system with no flags and no errors. Hopefully nothing else will go wrong...
THANK YOU :D

My mobo uses the F2 BIOS, but it doesn't matter! I followed your comment about disabling the onboard graphics, tried to boot and voila I am finally into my Mavericks system with no flags and no errors. Hopefully nothing else will go wrong...
THANK YOU :D

Happy to hear you managed to get your Hackintosh up and running! Did you manage to use the chimera boot-loader in multi beast and have it work?

Well, I've got another update in regards to my installation. I managed to get the front sound jack on my case working by using the patch from Note 6 in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112458-mavericks-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

I'll probably read through the guide in more detail to see if I missed something in regards to the rear ports.

Another thing I've noticed is in regards to USB3. I think something isn't working quite right with the universal USB drivers included in Multibeast 6.4. I say this because I've been experiencing some "issues" with the USB ports on my system. Sometimes when adding or removing USB devices they will fail to be recognized. I've had Flash drives blink when plugged in, but that's it. A couple of times I've had all USB ports stop working necessitating a system reset.

Well, I've got another update in regards to my installation. I managed to get the front sound jack on my case working by using the patch from Note 6 in this guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112458-mavericks-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

I'll probably read through the guide in more detail to see if I missed something in regards to the rear ports.

Another thing I've noticed is in regards to USB3. I think something isn't working quite right with the universal USB drivers included in Multibeast 6.4. I say this because I've been experiencing some "issues" with the USB ports on my system. Sometimes when adding or removing USB devices they will fail to be recognized. I've had Flash drives blink when plugged in, but that's it. A couple of times I've had all USB ports stop working necessitating a system reset.

Hadn't really tested myself since I lack anything using the USB 3.0 technology but just to see if it the 3.0 jack works I plugged in a regular plain old 2.0 stick and had it show up with no issues. I have actually not installed a single "driver" since my system was finally up and running Mavericks.

Surprisingly everything seems to work mostly without issues, I've yet to start up a tough game due to the limitations a 60 Gb drive puts on my Mavericks "environment" but Hearthstone runs fine.

Can't really claim it's 100% stable since i've had a couple of freezes where the whole system just froze. Totally unresponsive but still showing the last images it had processed. Both times occurred about 10-15 min into a couple of ~6Gb .mkv files but I'm unsure as to why it happens since it has only happened twice.

Now that I have thought about it I wouldn't mind having the onboard audio functioning since listening to some music without my headphones could be nice sometimes. I'll attempt to get it to work and report back on how it goes.

Update:
I think it was due to my own ignorance that chimera never worked for me. Haden't realised that fakesmc was something that was required for the computer to boot and thus never installed that part. Wen't and did the ddst free install and now I can boot. Funny thing, I had to select a driver for my NIC to get it to work after this, it worked fine before but I guess something got modified and left out the NIC info.

On to the audio, I've attempted with just regular alc1150, alc1150+inte 9 support and now the link you provided without success. Neither the rear jacks or the front ones pick up that I connect something. The only output device showing up is my Vengeance 2000 headset using USB so do you have any idea?

Update2:
I've now unsuccessfully tried yet another appleHDA.kext patch found at https://github.com/toleda/audio_ALC1150
The same link you provided pointed me to that location. You might wanna try that out and see if it enable you to use your rear jacks.

I'm giving up for the night now. 5:30 am and I'm getting tired ;)
/J

Happy to hear you managed to get your Hackintosh up and running! Did you manage to use the chimera boot-loader in multi beast and have it work?

Yes I did, I installed the boot-loader in safe mode and it seemed to work okay from that point as I was using my Windows partition *shudders* whilst the Mac part was dead. Now its all good, sans audio like everyone else. Hopefully some new Macs are planned soon...
Thanks again haha

A new update. I've been experimenting with the idea of switching to Clover for my bootloader. It wasn't working too well for me though until I realized my config file had the incorrect smbios selected (MacPro, which requires an i7 processor when I have an i5). Initial results look good, but I'll need to do some more fiddling with my test drive. (A 32GB USB3 flash drive.)

I'm hoping that despite the learning curve Clover will clear up the USB issues I've been having and allow me got get native power management. But I'll be talking slow so I don't bork my installation.

Hi, i had the same problem that i could not boot without the usb stick. I installed Chimera bootloader with Multibeast but still not booting. Searching around a bit i found that somehow the installation of the Chimera bootloader goes not well. If you look into your Mac Drive and open the Extra folder you will notice (if you compare it with your usb stick) that some files and / or folder(s) are missing.
On the usb stick the Extra Folder is hidden. To unhide it do the following:

Open Terminal found in Finder > Applications > Utilities
In Terminal, paste the following: defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles YES
Press return.
( to make the files hidden again...just run the same command and replace YES with NO at the end after you finished copying).

Now reopen a new Finder window and you will see also the hidden folders on your usb driive.
Go into the Extra Folder and copy the Themes Folder, Modules Folder and org.chameleon.boot.plist file to the same location on your Mac Installation.
Now you should be able to boot without usb stick.

You can run multibeast again and install another theme or....google a bit and search for chimera themes. If you find one that you like download the theme and copy the files into the 'Default' Folder.

The only thing i still cant get working is the onboard sound which it seems that many others have with the ALC1150 chip. Still there are many who report that they have fixed it but so far none of these fixes worked for me.

I have a question for you, Z97x and i5 4690 owners ! I have a z97x-ud5h, and a 4690 i5 processor (non K), and in my "about my mac" window I read incorct values. My CPU is 3,5Ghz but it's said to be 3,69 ... (in BIOS too). If I tweak the BIOS, it will be 3,89Ghz ... do you have correct values for your processor (i.e. 3,5Ghz), in BIOS and in "about my mac" ?

thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back