Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 4.0.2: Lion Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Install Official Realtek drivers 2.0.6 via multibeast.

MacMan said:
MultiBeast 4.0.0 Released 2011-09-12

Visible Changes:

• - Added Extension Migration Tool which copies the contents of /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions and deletes /Extra/Extensions and /Extra/Extension.mkext. This tool requires Chimera 1.5.4 to be already installed as it will add UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Are we going backwards? why would I want to move my E/E to S/L/E again??? :/

fuma said:
MacMan said:
MultiBeast 4.0.0 Released 2011-09-12

Visible Changes:

• - Added Extension Migration Tool which copies the contents of /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/Extensions and deletes /Extra/Extensions and /Extra/Extension.mkext. This tool requires Chimera 1.5.4 to be already installed as it will add UseKernelCache=Yes to /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

Are we going backwards? why would I want to move my E/E to S/L/E again??? :/
We are going forward not backwards. If you followed what the Chameleon team was doing you would know that.

If you want to be backwards and have slow boot times, go ahead.

Just wanted to say thanks.
My system is running smoother now. I'm getting no glitchy screens and it is noticeably quicker.

I deleted my old extra folder and installed.
I like, very much, how the DSDT option completely takes care of everything. It was very confusing, the old way of trying to guess which check boxes to pick out of so many. I understand that there are a lot of systems being supported and that is just a part of the process, but the new multi beast is really much easier to use as it takes care of all the essentials and puts everything in its right place... in its right place... right place.

There are two colors in my head...

Thanks!

MB 4.02 working fine so far.
Installed Chimera v1.5.4 r1394 rebooted
Installed Extension migration tool - DRAMATICALLY IMPROVED BOOT TIMES as expected with caching...WAY TO GO TONY AND CREW!!!

My Realtek randomly not working (at startup) after applied MultiBeast 4.0.2
I think the problem came for the UseKernelCache=Yes customization or npci=0x2000
There are the only two changes in my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, now I have removed in search of solution.

Had a couple failed to installs but third attempt with this version on a Lion clean install worked great. Thanks.

i get a loading bar on lion when I'm booting up it takes a few minutes to boot where lion took 40 seconds at most

i had that once today, too. went away.

user137 said:
user137 said:
I skipped MB4.0.2 this time and just installed Chimera 1.5.3 standalone - again the same problem, hanging at boot time. This time around I was able to boot in safe mode and reinstall Chimera 1.4.1 - now I am afraid to run MB4.0.2 again, but I'd really like to get some answers.

found the problem - the Motherboard analog DSub output stopped working with smbios.plist as Mac Mini, but the HDMI and the DVI both work now on full resolution! Now I need to get QE/CI working. my device ID is reported as 126, whereas the 2500K is 112. I will try to edit my DSDT and revert.

Seems it's no problem with MultiBeast after all :thumbup:

i've been having the exact same problem. the hang at boot time. the grey apple with the spinning b&w thing underneath hangs up. it looks like from the console it's trying to get into the login window. i can boot in safe mode, but i don't know what's causing the problem.

is it my version of chimera (1.5.4)?

help please!

update: ahh i got it
i changed the system definition to Macmini5,1
i read the trouble shooting section of this post
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php ... 13#p209913
and then i used MB 4.0.2 to fix the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back