Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 4.0.2: Lion Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
just screwed up a perfectly working system with MB 4.0.2, unless it's supposed to take an hour to boot up. Hanging and spinning. trying to revert back to MB 3.8. no luck so far.

I had a working Lion with the system as this:
- GA-H67MA-USB3-B3
- i2500K w/ HD3000 (video still on 1024x768)
- 4GB RAM
- etc

I used Tony's iBoot + Snow Leo + Upgrade method. Then after finishing I installed MB 4.0.2 with the same options and since then the rig is unable to boot - hangs at the spinning BW wheel at boot time... doesn't boot with iBoot CD either, it will reboot after selecting the OS :oops:

I will try reinstalling Lion from the Installer partition, but it would be nice to understand what caused the crash...

edit: can't even boot the Installer partition, now I gotta install everything again from scratch. :crazy:

same thing happened to me with x58a-ud3p.
luckily i've found a backup/backup so i don't have to rebuild entirely from scratch. time to use migration tool.

user137 said:
I had a working Lion with the system as this:
I used Tony's iBoot + Snow Leo + Upgrade method. Then after finishing I installed MB 4.0.2 with the same options and since then the rig is unable to boot - hangs at the spinning BW wheel at boot time... doesn't boot with iBoot CD either, it will reboot after selecting the OS :oops:

well i reinstalled from scratch... I got up to latest everything in Software Update (10.7.1 with latest security patch).

I skipped MB4.0.2 this time and just installed Chimera 1.5.3 standalone - again the same problem, hanging at boot time. This time around I was able to boot in safe mode and reinstall Chimera 1.4.1 - now I am afraid to run MB4.0.2 again, but I'd really like to get some answers.

Gotta tell you that my IntelHD3000 is still not working before trying the MB/Chimera. Can this be the reason?!

I installed just the basics from the 4.0.2 build. The idea of putting all the kexts into the system/library/extensions folder, on the surface, sounds great, but in reality it throws all my kext needles into a huge haystack...I prefer the /Extra folder...makes it easier to figure out what I screwed up.

user137 said:
I skipped MB4.0.2 this time and just installed Chimera 1.5.3 standalone - again the same problem, hanging at boot time. This time around I was able to boot in safe mode and reinstall Chimera 1.4.1 - now I am afraid to run MB4.0.2 again, but I'd really like to get some answers.

found the problem - the Motherboard analog DSub output stopped working with smbios.plist as Mac Mini, but the HDMI and the DVI both work now on full resolution! Now I need to get QE/CI working. my device ID is reported as 126, whereas the 2500K is 112. I will try to edit my DSDT and revert.

Seems it's no problem with MultiBeast after all :thumbup:

user137 said:
found the problem - the Motherboard analog DSub output stopped working with smbios.plist as Mac Mini, but the HDMI and the DVI both work now on full resolution! Now I need to get QE/CI working. my device ID is reported as 126, whereas the 2500K is 112. I will try to edit my DSDT and revert.

Seems it's no problem with MultiBeast after all :thumbup:

Now I gave it a "proper" go with all necessary options I need, used the DSDT from the database - but the machine was autodetected as a MacPro3,1 (early 2008), and now only a single DVI output works. The bigger problem is that I don't get QE/CI and my Graphics ID is detected as 0x0126, whereas the 2500K's device ID should be 112. Can anyone point me to the proper way to solve this?

hello all works fine here!
one thing, i must delete the old sata drivers??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back